“Little gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Best scrambled eggs on toast I've ever had, amazing tea menu and great friendly staff. Very family friendly and reasonable prices. A little gem!

Visited August 2013

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Friendliest coffee place in Holmfirth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Emma's is a great little spot to enjoy a coffee and a catch up in Holmfirth. The coffee is ground freshly to order and the staff are well trained to make a good cup. This amounts to about the best coffee one can find in the village. It's always served with a smile and some friendly chat too.

Tea drinkers should not be disappointed either with a huge selection of teapigs and loose-leaf teas available - as well as good old Yorkshire Tea.

The cafe is furnished tastefully with quirky old tables and chairs that perfectly match the lovely old building. Upstairs there are tables large enough to accommodate big parties, and a tea garden out the back for when the weather is warm enough!

The food on offer ranges from delicious home-made soups and freshly prepared sandwiches to beautifully decorated home-made cakes of all descriptions.

The menu states that - where possible - all ingredients are locally sourced. I also noticed a good few gluten-free options available so those with dietary requirements needn't struggle It's also nice to see a place where kids and dogs are also happily accommodated. All in all, there's something here for everyone.

Take all these options, together with reasonable prices, friendly banter and free Wi-Fi and it becomes all too tempting to swap the office for Emma's Tea Parlour and stay there all afternoon, pretending to do work!

When work time gets too pressing though, you can always take advantage of the same great food and drink being available to take-away.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Went to Emma's Tea Parlour today with my partner and our friends who have a baby. The staff were lovely, went straight away and set a high chair up for us. We had a funny conversation with the staff, who engaged us in conversation about the artisan teas. I learned a lot about how the teas are made and I was surprised that I actually do like flavoured teas if they're made properly! The tea was served in this fantastic little glass teapot and I bought one as a present for my mum. I had gorgeous freshly made soup and a sandwich on poppy knot bread which was fab! We went out into the cute tea garden and had a look at the artwork on display by local artists on the walls. I will definitely be back! Quite fancy trying some of the savoury tarts which I saw someone else having. Definitely worth it! My partner had a piece of the carrot cake which he recommends. Lots of local knowledge too if you need to know anything about the town. It's a very old weaver's cottage and there are old photographs of the floods and local history.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Well Worth A Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Called in for breakfast on a Monday morning. My husband had Scrambled Egg on Toast and Filter Coffee and I picked Eggs Benedict and Yorkshire Tea. The service was friendly, timely and efficient and we both enjoyed our choices, my husband said the eggs were cooked just right and I ate all the Eggs Benedict which consisted on an English Muffin in two halves both covered with a rasher of good back bacon, a nicely poached egg and covered in sauce. In my opinion, the sauce was a ready mix, rather than made from scratch, but it was ok.

The café has seating on the ground and first floor and a bathroom on the third floor. We ate on the ground floor and, having visited the loo, I felt the stairs could be rather daunting for some customers.

We both agreed that the overall experience was rather pleasant and we will certainly return and maybe try the cakes or afternoon tea. The Beetroot and White Chocolate Cake sounded good.

There are lots of loose leaf teas to try and a good selection of Teapigs, as well as various coffees and other hot and cold beverages, so plenty of choice to be had.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“No No”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very small pot of tea for two, only half full ! and £3.00 for the privalige.

Bacon sandwich - very cheap bread. expect better for £3.00 per sandwich.

Small cramped room.

Had a lot better from Barnsley market, Same for £2.80 per person and lots more room.

Not interested in quaint ! Interested in good service and value for money - neither experienced here.

• Visited July 2013