“A Welcoming Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Holmfirth
Yorkshire, UK
“A Welcoming Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed last saturday evening as we were attending the Bad Manners concert at the Picturedrome next door. Check in was easy and the staff were very friendly. Single room with flat screen TV and ensuite shower was more than adequate for me. Very good bar - selection of real ales, and although the bar is big it has a homely feel to it. Breakfast was very good and tasty. Would certainly recommend the Old Bridge if going to the Picturedrome - don't expect a quiet night when there is a concert on, but you can be sure you will be well looked after.

Room Tip: Bar stays open late so probably choose a room on the second floor if you can
Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sleaford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here whilst on a Forestry course. When I got back from a hard days work I needed a good meal. Luckily I had booked a £50 D,B&B deal. For dinner I could have any 3 courses on the menu, (including steak!), so I had the most expensive; the prawn cocktail and the mixed grill. I got half way through the grill and couldnt eat another thing an had to forego the pudding!!! Next day I could have anything on the menu for breakfast do I had a cracking omelette plus creal, cappucino etc. The room was overlooking the river, was confortable and I sleapt like a log. Cracking value all round in a great location. There's some good local pubs as well. try The Nook just over the river from the Hotel. this pub is crammed with proper pub atmosphere and the locals are very friendly, but best of all it has its own brewery and makes some absolutely brilliant real aleas and stouts.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view and the souns of the river.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

On arrival we were greated very friendly. though come on, we are in Yorkshire, and id expect no less.
we were offered our bags carried to the rooms,
the room was small but hello! it is a very old place and does have smallish but adequate rooms, which truly shouldnt be changed as it is parts of its charm.
The staff are very proffesional yet very personal too! thats rare!
I know if I would have needed anything on this stay they would have looked after me.
It has a feel about it I cant explain.
I booked this as we were going to a gig nearby. at the picture drome, it is literally out one door into the next the venue is so close.
This is a venue that isnt full of idiots. it has great gigs with very like minded pleasant folk so however close. still has an air of countryside and good feel about it.
The food is just delicious! and is served on hot plates!!! keeping your meal warm longer.
I thought I was the only person that still did this!

But this is the Old Bridge. Simply Great Yorkshire Charm.
Has lovely local customers, and visitors from afar.

The lady at reception printed me out a bunch of local walks free of charge! How good is that? from small local ones to heavier ones. suiting every need!

This is a place you will love or hate. if you want modern, arty farty and a stuffy atmosphere with a yes sir no sir.then this isnt for you, however if you want great service, great food, and to feel some where that bit special. then this is for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a great hotel if you are going to a concert at the picturedome as it is right next door. We had the executive room which is excellent,spacious with a modern feel . We booked dinner bed and breakfast and were delighted that we could have anything from the menu, so steak it was . The food was very good as we're the staff . We have stayed before and will stay again next time Magnum are in town

Room Tip: The executive room is the best one in the hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights from the 4th Nov '12

I drove down to Holmfirth from Glasgow but got lost finding the hotel on reaching the village as it was night time. However after phoning the hotel, the staff were tremendously helpful in assisting me in locating the hotel.

The room was basic but more importantly comfortable.

Breakfast was hearty. I had a couple of main meals respectively over the nights and these were delicious, i had steak each night and the steak meal was done to high standards.

The staff were really helpful and friendly.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

Lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Old Bridge Hotel is value for money and out scores alot of hotels with higher star ratings. There was two bottles of water, two packets of biscuits, tea and cofffee, iron and ironing board and lots of piping hot water. In some hotels more expensive hotels you get one packet of biscuits which i find strange and sometimes one bath robe, whats all that about. The room was clean and comfortable with an ensuite with all the soaps and towels you would need and the towels were good quality. The large flat screen tv was more than adequate, the only complaint I had was if it was busy the car park would not be big enough. The staff were friendly and accommodating, so in short, good Yorkshire, value in a central location.

Room Tip: If you dont want the noise from the bar/dining room then ask for a top floor room.
holmfirth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Went here with friends on Sunday teatime and was very dissapointed as had told friends how great the food was. i had the roast beef and i think they had nuked it as it was still too hot for me to eat after 20 minutes, my freind said her steak was very chewy and the starters were no better. also the staff were vey unattentive, leaving us too long with dishes in front of us etc. I have had so much better here so hope it was just a one off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Old Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!