“Poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have visited the Vineyard restaurant twice now and both times the young man there
was socially inept and indifferent to customers. He had a conversation about the bottles
on the bar with another member of staff ... and how much had been used the night before etc., etc., we were the only
customers in the place. No one came to see if we wanted coffee (it was breakfast time)
or anything else.. we were given the menus and then ignored. I have heard the same thing
from other people so with such beautiful views why isn't there some sort of training
by management (or was he management?) Social skills are very important in this
industry and the Vineyard staff I have met haven't got any.

Visited July 2013

Bolton, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Interesting and informative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were given this trip as a gift and were unsure at first but it turned out to be a great day. It helped that the weather was superb. The guy who led the tour was very informative and got across all the important facts and info very well indeed. The afternoon tea was really good and every- one was extremely helpful and pleasant. The only real drawback was that they had no wine to sell because of the bad weather last year. We tasted a white and a rose wine produced at the vineyard and they were both very very good, especially the rose, which we would have bought if we could.

Visited July 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“it's a bit of a gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Once we'd got of the palpitations from the drive up- watch out for the very sharp & steep last bend! it was fab! The restaurant is modern but compact, the food was great, we went with a vineyard tour that included brunch, & had eggs benedict with bucks fizz to start. The tour was very interesting & I learnt a lot of new things about wine production- & I'm a vineyard junkie! The wine was "interesting" but as Darren our guide said " it's still in the production stage, so it has to develope a bit more before it's really ready to be drunk" far enough, we were warned & he was honest enough to admit some of it was better left in the bottle!!
So all in all i was a very enjoyable way to spend a long morning, the welcome was warm, the food was tasty & the climb back up the hill was a bit steep- same hill as the bend!! But the view was amazing & yes the path down from the car park could use a rethink.
I'd like to go back when the grapes are almost ready to harvest, vineyards don't look the sme without lots of leaves.

Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“really poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

we went for fathers day, food quality and service was extremely poor. 3 finger sandwiches, a few burnt crisps and a banana for my 4 year old for £6!!!! my tuna nicoise minus potatoes (service was that slow i couldn't be bothered complaining but £11? ), burger £10 then have to pay £4 for chips, steak, don't even go there!! I don't mind at all paying for good money for quality food but it was past poor. The service was that bad (staff and wine tour guide were arguing at the bar!!!) we couldn't be bothered waiting to complain and paid and left.Pretty embarrassing. much better food and service at many local pubs.restaurants

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth exploring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I took his mum up to the restaurant for her 90th birthday lunch last friday, and it was fabulous. We had a table by the window so we were able to enjoy the panoramic view. Service was unhurried and the food was delicious, with a choice between full meals or ligher snacks, and we were able to have a glass of the wine they produce in house. Much attention is paid to the local sourcing of ingredients on the menu. Much enjoyed by all of us. The only comment I have is that the path from the car park into the restaurant is narrow and steep for those with walking difficulties, but I'm hoping this might be improved in the future.
It is definitely worth the drive up, but I would recommend booking, as the wine tours attract a lot of visitors who use the restaurant.