“Extremely happy” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Extremely happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

It is the first time I have been to carniceria and to be honest I have been putting off going after hearing bad reviews. I thought I would give it a go because I saw there was new chefs and a new menu. As I walked in I was greeted by a lovely young waitress who took our drink order and asked if we was dinning and to which we replied yes we was shown to our table and we was giving some menus she also told us about the deals they had on offer and one was 6 tapas dishes for 25pounds so we decided to go for that. The food came out in reasonable time and it was presented lovely and tasted as good as it looks. I would happily recommend this place to anyone and I will be going back soon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“We've given up on this place now!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We decided to give this restaurant a chance to show us how our membership to the Gourmet Society works. We couldn't have chosen a worser place.
Kelly, the girl who acted like a manager but had the skills and knowledge of nothing like made us feel totally unwelcome as she prised herself from her social media device to offer us a table in an empty restaurant and the cuss as we further asked for the wine menu. Her language was appalling in her discussions with the chef which could be very easy heard as they echoed around the building and the chef was equally as common.
The food was in parts tasteless and the overall experience shocking
Words to the wise, I rang up to complain the following day and was met with the same nonchalant response. Obviously a culture within so avoid if you go for the atmosphere. Good points? The sole diner who came in stood for 5 minutes as she completed her tweet and was met with "table for one then" as her opener. Absolutely disgusting. We won't ever consider here again. Ever.
Also, refused to honour their own gourmet diner offer advertised and so the bill was more than expected. Ask first.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not as good as the 1st visit.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

There is a new chef and a new menu. But I didn't think it was as good as the 1st visit. I would say go and try it but there are quite a few tapas places in holmfirth to try so they have a lot of competition.
I wouldn't go back in a hurry. The food was warm not hot and there isn't much of a choice compared to other places.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having visited the restaurant a couple of years ago we were very much looking forward to eating here again. However after waiting some considerable time for our food to arrive we were very disappointed. One of our party ordered the Pork Belly which was a rather small main course. Another ordered the Toad in the hole which was burnt to the point that it was completely black and inedible and had to be returned, we were offered something else free of charge but when the member of our party then ordered again she was shortly informed that the Sole was unavailable and had to order yet again. The sandwiches were okay but the chips were rather limp. The service was also okay but due to the poor standard of the food we will be looking for somewhere else to eat next time we visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Okay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant for the first time with a group of 5 other people. I ordered a bottle of beer at the bar, which was not particularly cold and this was the first disappointment. The table that had been reserved for us was shoe-horned by the stair case and felt fairly claustrophobic. We opted for the banquet at £12.50 per person. An assortment of tapas style dishes appeared without much introduction. These included a Greek salad, meatballs, chicken wings, asparagus and mushrooms. The portions were at times very small (one mushroom between two). Some shell on king prawns were delivered which had NO flesh whatsoever. Food was okay, service ditto but I've had more enjoyable tapas elsewhere. The company made the evening enjoyable, sadly not the food.

• Visited July 2013