We were a large group staying at this b&b for my brothers wedding.everyone of us had a complaint about this b&b but I will stick to mine.
Myself & my husband were arriving on the day of my brothers wedding following travelling down from Cardiff in the morning.i had emailed 4months earlier to arrange an early check in so as we could have a shower and get ready.i asked if we could check in at 12 (as check out is 11) I was told this wouldn't be a problem.on arrival I was told we could not check in until 3 as the cleaner didn't start work until 1-I explained we had contacted to arrange the check in and were told this would not be possible. Luckily there was a free room we could use to get ready,and the girl who was helping me was apologetic but I would say because she was used to people being let down.
Now, being business owners we fo the extra mile for our customers-if that was my b&b or if i was a manager i'd have someone in that room cleaning to make sure y customers where happy and getting the service they'd been told they would get.
So anyway, we had a small single room to squeeze round to get ready and when we returned at midnight we had to struggle to move our cases in the dark in our wedding clothes to the room we were actually sleeping in. My husband had to ask for a spare key for our over night room so the key was not left in the door for us (clearly not very safe).
We had a bad nights sleep as there was a beeping on the fire alarm panel going off all night.
Our 'getting ready' room had doors in the area behind the main door which were open to the electric cupboard and also the cleaning cupboard.
There were no locks on the toilet doors, and the showers are in the corner of the room with shower doors open to the bedroom-ok if you are happy to shower in front of your partner!!!!!!!
On waking in the morning we notice our room was dirty... The carpet was covers in hair which made a little pile if you ran your toes across it,lamps were covered in dust,cobwebs in the corners. Our sink was broken and glued back together,the toilet handle had been sawn off to fit in the gap and was sharp ad looked shabby,the windows were rotten and had holes in the frames. NOT what I would expect form a b&b costing £75 per night.
Breakfast is not continental-it consisted of toast,cereals and a small selection of mini pastries I suspect were supermarket bought. Again not what I expect from a £75 a night b&b. now while I said I would stick to my review at this point I do want to mention another lie they told! My uncle has recently had an operation as means he can not eat solid food so my auntie had contacted the b&b to ask if there would be porridge at breakfast and told them why- she was told that would not be a problem and he would be catered for.they arrived on the Friday, Saturday breakfast: no porridge.when she asked she was told there was not porridge for breakfast. Even when confronted about it on Sunday morning no one had thought to make sure he was provided for.not being funny but on hearing the issue and there being nothing for him the eat on the Saturday morning,surely you'd get someone to get some porridge from the supermarket o make sure there was something the next day,esp if someone had already been to get the pastries!!!!
Our party had other issues such as towels not changed daily and stained bed sheets.
Poor b&b,poor service and expensive!!!
I would not recommend this place to anyone!!!!! I have pictures to prove the cobwebs and broken sink etc and will post them when I can get on a pc!
- Also Known As:
- Squirrel Inn At Hurtmore Hotel
- Squirrel Inn At Hurtmore Hotel Godalming
- Squirrel Inn At Hurtmore Godalming, Surrey
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the village of Hurtmore, nr Godalming and Guildford, with easy access, situated just off the A3, we pride ourselves on locally sourced food and a constantly rotating selection of real ales from across the country. In the summer our extensive, child friendly garden and outside dining areas comes into thier own...a perfect setting for a family gathering or a quiet peruse of the papers. With a great variety of food on offer, including daily specials, there is something for all tastes and appetites.Food is served between 12 and 9.30pm daily (8pm on Sundays) .Accommodation is also available within beautifully refurbished 16th Century Cottages, which consists of 5 double and 3 single rooms. All rooms come equipped with flat screen TV’s, DVD players and tea/coffee making facilities and are ideal for those on business, leisure weekends or just visiting family or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Squirrel Inn at Hurtmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.