I had to book the hotel literally a couple of hours before I arrived due to getting stranded on business in the area. I always research my hotels extensively before booking as I am very picky (and have been burnt before) so this left me nervous. However, this was one of the most enjoyable hotel stays I've had in a long time due to the great customer service!
The hotels Tudor style exterior is gorgeous, the interior is very charming - they have retained the old style features but made also used some modern touches to make it comfortable and stylish. My room was nicely laid out and clean, but the light came in early in the room and the only mirror in the main part of the room is in the closet which is strange and not very convenient.
The hotel bar and lounge area is small but very comfortable and cozy with a fireplace but the staff couldn't do enough for me, nothing was too much to ask, I was very impressed. I even asked specially for butternut squash with my dinner one night which wasn't on the menu and the chef happily accommodated me. The 2 dinners and 1 lunch I had at the restaurant were all very good. There is a pretty good choice for self-service breakfast although I would have liked to have seen fresh fruit instead of canned fruit and I thought that the decor/atmosphere of the breakfast room was not as nice as the hotel bar/restaurant area. You can also choose a cooked breakfast which I did one day and it was very good.
In addition, after I left I discovered that I'd left something in the room and they were very pleasant about locating the item and even sent it to me for free.
Couple of things that would make it even better - better blockage of light in the new annex bedrooms, make the bedrooms a little more luxurious like the lounge area of the hotel, a full length mirror on the wall in the room, robe and slippers. Also, they are using the new trend of just a duvet on the bed which I find too warm at times, it would be nicer if they used a traditional flat sheet and blanket plus duvet on top instead. I requested this while there and they did happily put a regular flat sheet on my bed although they didn't have a blanket.
The price I paid was 80 GBP/night which I found good value. I would definitely stay recommend this hotel and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manor House is an award-winning conference centre and hotel in Godalming, that offers excellent meeting facilities and comfortable hotel accommodation in the picturesque Surrey Hills. Eleven flexible conference rooms, 31 tranquil bedrooms and a range of on-site conference facilities provide guests with the ideal setting for a variety of events. There are 31 en-suite double bedrooms in all – a traditional feel, recently refurbished, in the old house; Scandinavian design in the award-winning extension. Whatever your style, you will find everything you need at hand and the bedrooms calm, peaceful places in which to unwind, many with fabulous views across the surrounding Surrey countryside. The bedrooms are also geared for business, with plenty of well-lit desk space and a direct dial telephone to hand. High speed internet access is available free of charge and free wi-fi is accessible both in the bedrooms and throughout the building. Other business services such as photocopying and fax are also on site. We know that after a long day, tired minds need time to unwind. The gym offers a good range of cardiovascular resistance equipment and weights and there are separate ladies' and gents' saunas. Guests can also stroll around the peaceful grounds and there is a range of garden games available for sunny days. There is a small wooded area to explore and walks through the local countryside. It's important to eat well, so at the Manor House, the emphasis is on cooking tasty food that is fresh and seasonal, using ingredients that are grown or supplied locally. We also like to look after the basics and where we can, we buy ingredients that are sustainably produced, organic or Fairtrade. We also know that choice is important and offer plenty of options, from healthy snacks that will maintain your energy levels throughout the day, to special menus for those with specific allergies or diets. We are also approved by the Vegetarian Society. And when it is time to relax, Smiths bar & lounge offers somewhere to enjoy a quiet drink with a good book – or carry on networking and socialising with friends or colleagues. If you need to meet, the meeting rooms at the Manor House are not the bland, impersonal spaces you find in some hotels and conference venues. Whilst our focus is firmly on providing conference facilities for corporate customers, the Manor House is full of the character and charm you might expect from a country hotel. Meeting rooms all have natural daylight and many have stunning views or beautiful features such as old fireplaces, paneling or intricate plasterwork. And if you want to add a little extra to your conference, we have a meeting room specially designed to help creative thinking and can help with team building activities from treasure hunts to duck herding!Locally, if you do get a chance to go and explore, there's quite a list of places worth a visit including Denbies Vineyard, England's largest, Loseley House, the RHS gardens aat Wisley and Polesdon Lacey. Closer to home, a short walk away, Godalming is a picturesque market town with a pretty high street and a small selection of shops, whilst nearby Guildford is a busy, affluent town with great shops, restaurants and entertainment. Hop on the train and you can be there in 10 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Manor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manor House Hotel Godalming
- Manor Hotel Godalming
- The Manor House Godalming, Surrey