“Our second stay - still perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Godalming
Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast
You added Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
7 Mary Vale, Godalming GU7 1SW, England   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Godalming B&B and Inns
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Our second stay - still perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Probably one of the best B & B's in the country. It's got everything for the perfect stay, a very comfortable home away from home and Emma looks after her guests extremely well. This was our second stay and we will definitely be back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
erlwoods66, Owner at Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your second lovely review. It's a huge priviledge when guests return as it goes some way to showing me I'm getting some things right. I hope I don't rest on my laurels though and will be delighted to welcome you both back. Hope to see you soon. Emma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Staying at Mary Vale was a great experience. Emma was helpful. The bed was large and comfortable. It was great to have one's own entrance. Breakfast choice was superb, and the food was plentiful and well prepared. Emma was suitably attentive, but knew when to give space.

Central heating came on morning and evening. If you're planning on being around in the day, there is an oil-filled radiator which just about coped with the cold climate in December. The wall between the accommodation and the house was perhaps a little thin, but that was not really an issue.

There is WiFi - not fast, but not slow either.

Mary Vale is slightly off the beaten track, in that it takes time to get anywhere more central - but that was not really a problem at all.

The booking system has its own quirks: you won't get to know whether the accommodation is available on your preferred dates until you have sent an enquiry and it has been responded to.

Mary Vale was really good value for money for the service received.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm very pleased you found the bed comfortable and enjoyed the breakfasts. I am sorry however that while you were working from the room all day the additional heater wasn't keeping you cosy. I checked the radiator after your comment and it was on the coolest setting (and on the coldest day of the year so far) I should have checked it myself and turned it up for you so my apologies. I apologise also for the noise of the vacuum outside the internal door, I waited till 3pm when I though you were popping out.
The booking system on the website does enable guests to reserve the room (as I only have the one room its fairly straight forward as I'm either full or empty) and once the deposit is received the booking is confirmed. You booked with me direct so I'm not sure where the problem lay but for anyone else looking to book if the booking system seems odd please do say. I am keen to consider all and any suggestions. Kind regards Emma
Peterborough.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Selected this accommodation after reading the reviews and found it all as previously stated.
Large room with all the necessary facilities allowing you to relax in a quiet environment. Emma seems to have it all working smoothly.
We appreciate that the economics of maintaining accommodation such as this to a high standard make things difficult but our only negative comment would be that all the furniture is old fashioned dark brown style which just takes the edge off a very good room. Overall very good stay and will certainly try pick here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
erlwoods66, Owner at Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your honest review. I have taken on board your comments about the look of the furniture. Although brand new when I set up 18 months ago I appreciate it isn't to everyone's taste. I do hope that the numerous pictures of the room on the website offers a true account of the space, fixtures and fittings. I'd be delighted to welcome you both again. Warmest regards, Emma
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed for one night when visiting nearby Farncombe Music Club - good music on Friday nights at St John's Church, Farncombe. The room was very spacious and comfortable, everything we needed, lovely biscuits on arrival and a wonderful breakfast. Emma made us very welcome and was a great help. Also visited Winkworth Arboretum and the wonderful Watts Gallery in what was a perfect stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you visited Watts as it's a magic place. I do hope you'll stay again if tempted by the right band. Warmest regards, Emma
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Booked at the last min, but Emma was so helpful and informative. Personalized the breakfast to our requirements. The room was ready for 1pm, More a suite than a room, it's very spacious, comfortable,spotless, very good value. The room is equipped with super king size bed, sofa, table/chairs, fridge, Lcd tv, blue ray player, HD freesat, Power shower, tea/coffee & home made Biscuits. Also Robes/slippers, luxury toiletries and more...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
erlwoods66, Owner at Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I'm only sorry you didn't have more time to relax as you were working so hard. I hope you managed to enjoy your one weekend off but hope also that business continues to grow. Warm regards, Emma
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The room was quite spacious and had every convenience, immaculately clean and hygenic.
The breakfast was really good with plenty of selection. It was quiet and suited us ideally. Emma was very welcoming and attentive and we would happily return.

Room Tip: There is only one room - The Room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review, that was really kind. I'm glad you enjoyed your evening and hope you might attend another local event in the future and stay with me again. Warm regards, Emma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

From my first communication with Emma at Mary Vale, it was clear that she really wanted our stay to be perfect. The room was beautifully appointed and clean. There was a plentiful supply of luxurious toiletries and thick towels. A good choice of Blu Ray films and, to cap it all, breakfast was served in our room, having been cooked to our previous order, including catering for a Coeliac diet. Wonderful!

• Stayed August 2012
erlwoods66, Owner at Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I really do want guests to feel special and have a relaxing, comfortable stay so I'm thrilled you felt looked after. I'll remember about sausages having wheat next time! Warmest regards, Emma

Been to Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!