“Simply perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Godalming
Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast
You added Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
7 Mary Vale, Godalming GU7 1SW, England   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Godalming B&B and Inns
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Simply perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed at 'The Room' for just one night only in June 2012 and we were both very pleased.

We had been searching for a good B & B in the Godalming area for some time and found what can only be described as a rather special one at 'Mary Vale'. It is the perfect place to stay, a home from home situated in a quiet residential area providing all the privacy, space and comfort that anyone could wish for.

Our host, Emma, could not be more friendly and helpful, and with her biscuits on arrival and full English breakfasts served in the room, you cannot feel anything but satisfaction and contentment.

Full marks to 'Mary Vale' and to Emma, we'll be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
erlwoods66, Owner at Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your review, it almost made me blush! I am really pleased you both had a good stay with me and hope the rest of your holiday was relaxing. I do appreciate you taking the time to write. Biscuit recipe is on the website should you want to have a go! Warmest regards, Emma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Beautifully decorated room with a King size bed. Emma is a lovely person, friendly and ready to help you with anything about your stay. Her full English breakfast was truly fantastic and was something one must try if staying. Would highly recommend to anybody who is looking for a comfortable yet affordable place to stay in Godalming! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, and thank you for such a glowing one. I can only say again as I have in the past that I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time. I hope very much to see you again. Very warm regards, Emma
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We're just back from a great night at the Mary Vale and I'm is still pleasantly full from Emma's delicious breakfast. This really is a fantastic b and b. Super comfortable, large room with your own entrance - we were going to a party so this was great when we got back in the wee hours - good shower, excellent breakfast and, most importantly, a wonderful host in Emma!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
erlwoods66, Owner at Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your very kind review. Knowing someone has had a relaxing and comfortable stay is what it's all about and I'm deighted you did. I'm sorry you lost an hour with the clocks springing forward! Hope to see you both again for the next party, Emma
Wolverhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Since our daughter has started studying at the University of Surrey, Guildford, we have been trying to find overnight accommodation that is affordable and comfortable. I think we have finally found it!

Emma is very welcoming - booking was easy, friendly and informative. Breakfast menus were emailed out to us to prebook. We found the room to be just as we had expected from the photos, and the welcome just as expected from the feedback and reviews we had found online. In addition to refreshments, towels, dressing gowns, slippers, etc. lots of shower gel, shampoo, body lotion, etc was also available.

Breakfast was great - more than enough - fresh fruit, granola, yoghurt, cereals, followed by a cooked breakfast, toast and jam, served at a time to suit us.

The main thing for us was the comfiness of the bed and this was possibly the most comfortable we've ever found away from home.

Thank you, Emma! If we are travelling without our other children then we will try to return - a great sized room, fantastic facilities, and a wonderful welcome all at a great price - what's not to like?!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
erlwoods66, Owner at Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you so much! I'm so pleased you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay. Like you I think the bed has to be the most important piece of furniture so it's a delight to know you slept well. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and hope very much to see you again when you're in Surrey. Emma
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This B&B lived up to its rave reviews, we were not dissapointed. Emma is lovely, happy to chat if you want but also appreciates when you might need some space. Very accomodating as well. We knew we were onto a winner when we arrived to warm biscuits in the beautifully decorated and delightful room, with its own entrance so you don't go into the main house at all. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in our room luxuriating in the robes provided and watching TV. The pancakes were delicious as was the full English with good granola and fruit to start. Lots of lovely little touches like fresh coffee and milk in the fridge. Can't fault it, only very minor suggestion would be to put some taxi numbers in the pack (which was very comprehensive with maps of Godalming to take away so you can find your way back to the B&B...great idea), we couldn't find them in there, but maybe I missed them, we'd had a heavy night before! Thank you for a lovely stay, couldn't recommend enough. Five stars without the impersonailty of a big hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
erlwoods66, Owner at Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, I'm chuffed to bits you enjoyed your stay. You're quite right the page of 'useful telephone numbers' which is headed with taxi's details was indeed missing from the file. It's a compliment as it means it was of use to someone but I'm sorry I didn't check and replace it for your visit. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, look forward to seeing you again.
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We vistited Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast after coming directly from another B&B a few hours away, we live in America and thought we would bed and breakfast from side on England to the other. After coming from another Bed and Breakfast we could really appreciate a few of the amenitites offered at Mary Vale that weren't offered at the other B&B. The private entrance really makes it more relaxed, you dont have to worry about sneaking in quietly or disturbing anyone... or being disturbed yourselves for that matter. The room is HUGE and very nicely decorated and comfortable. The internet worked the whole time we were there (2 nights) as well as having plenty of channels on the television to choose from. Large towels, snuggly robes, and slippers were things I appreciated even more so after staying at the previous B&B. The king size bed is extremely comfortable and the room is very quiet, even with jetlag we had a wonderful sleep during out stay. It's very friendly at Mary Vale and the breakfasts are wonderful, the selection is great and everything is very well thought out. Little things like available umbrellas really put a great finishing touch on everything. It is within walking distance of shops, restaurants, pubs, and train station which is really helpful for travellers who may not be in a vehicle of their own. I would definitely stay there any time I'm anywhere near the area, other B&B's can definitely learn a lesson from Mary Vale.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm delighted that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the room and your time in the UK. I'm glad you didn't have the use the brollies after all!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed at Mary Vale as we were attending a friend's wedding in Godalming. I had originally booked a hotel in the town centre for our whole 2 night stay, but after reading TA reviews decided to transfer to Mary Vale (unfortunately not able to stay for 2 nights as due to my late decision to change accommodation, it was only available for the Sat night). Emma was very accommodating, ensuring that I knew the moment the room was ready so I could check in and get ready for the wedding. The standard of accommodation is excellent and having your own personal access/front door is a bonus. Emma's welcome, hospitality and breakfast (choice of full English, continental etc) was first-class. The room is modern but has a homely feel, with a huge bed and a nice shower room. Situated in a cul-de-sac, it is also very quiet. I would have no hesitation in recommending The Room to anyone. Emma - many thanks and if we are ever needing accommodation in the area again, we'll definitely be coming to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
erlwoods66, Owner at Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely review, I'm delighted you had a good stay and the wedding went well. I'm more than thrilled that you were comfortable and felt looked after, it really gives me great pleasure to do so. Look forward to seeing you again. Emma

Been to Mary Vale Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!