“My boomerang pub - I keep coming back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Wookey Hole Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wookey Hole
The Wookey Hole Inn
High Street, Wookey Hole, Wells BA5 1BP, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Wookey Hole B&B and Inns
Cheddar, United Kingdom
“My boomerang pub - I keep coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I have been going to the Wookey Hole Inn for years and it never fails to impress. This week I took my wife and our family there for a birthday lunch. It's the first time we have all had lunch there, and if you haven't then you really should. While I consider evening meals at the Wookey Hole to be an occasional treat because of the prices, the same is not true of lunch. There is a fantastic selection of hot sandwiches (that word really doesn't do justice to what you get) with home made fries and the most delicious spicy mayo all at less than £10. I had a burger cooked to perfection, served with manchego cheese and parma ham on a ciabatta roll. Mmm.... The five of us came away with a bill for just £60 including drinks and a tip. I will definitely be returning for lunch.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

What a wonderful place, and what a surprise! From the outside - a traditional looking English pub, then you open the door and it hits you ... the colours, the warmth, the smells!
Such friendly staff, they could not do enough for us, seated us, fetched and carried, chatted, so so friendly.
And the food, oooh the food, it was truly wonderful, my husband and I shared the goats cheese tart to start .... mouthwatering, then the Roast Lamb (for me), the Roast Wild Boar (for him) ... divine and to finish West country cheese and biscuits, bliss.
It is a long time since I have had such a wonderful meal in such a great place ... VERY highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2010
Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

We have just returned form another fabulous weekend at the Wookey Hole Inn, again the food was fantastic, we know the pub well now and we love it because it is so relaxed and eclectic.
Did some good walks around there too this time.
Never want to come home when I go there -see you all soon hopefully.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Somerset
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

We went for a meal only, and will not be returning. Everything was over-priced and bland. The service was slow and the staff off-hand. After we had ordered from the menu on the table we became aware that some other diners were eating different dishes; it appears there was another menu we did not see at all. We sat for some while waiting for the food to arrive, and at this price would have expected some kind of complimentary canape, even if just a bowl of peanuts! The main course was lukewarm, and I noticed we all added copious amounts of seasoning regardless of the dish ordered. After the plates were cleared we sat for over 15 minutes wondering if we would be offered a look at the dessert menu, but as we weren't we left instead.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

This is an amazing place to stay. Relaxing location, lovely food, rooms are worth the money you pay (I like how breakfast is left outside your room each morning, nice touch) Staff are friendly and helpful. Overall I will defiantly be returning to the Wookey Hole Inn!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

stayed for one night looking for somewhere close to Wells. so glad that I stayed here. Pricey at £100 a night but the room was very comfortable and clean. the shower was different but clean.
The food was wonderful - try the local cheese platter if you get the chance .The cider was also very good. Although alone the meal was great, I was made to feel very welcoome.
Breakfast was left outside the dooor in a basket which was nice as you didn't have to dress before eating -very relaxed.
My feeling was the ambiance /musice/decor etc was a little latter day hippy
I would stay here again but feel the price tag is a little high

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

very friendly staff and owners, lovely comfortable rooms, bit prices, lovely menu again very pricey, very laid back atmosphere, would stay again if it wasnt £100 a night

• Liked — friendly staff, laid back atmosphere and quirky rooms
  • Disliked — the price per night
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Wookey Hole Inn? Share your experiences!