“Couldn't ask for any better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thorngarth Country Guest House

You added Thorngarth Country Guest House to your Saves list
Thorngarth Country Guest House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   New Road, Ingleton, Yorkshire Dales National Park LA6 3HN, England   |
Offers & Announcements
SUMMER DB&B SPECIAL
Ranked #2 of 22 Ingleton B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Couldn't ask for any better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at Thorngarth for 3 nights during the last week in May. I had only stayed in Yorkshire once before, but decided I would give Thorngarth Country Guest House a try this time as I had read a lot of good reviews! I travelled up from London on the Tuesday, and when I arrived, I was greeted by Dave who was more than welcoming!

On the Wednesday morning, I was greeted by Sally who then introduced me to another couple who were also staying before getting our breakfast. At this point, I didn't really know what I would be doing that day as I only really planned my Thursday and Friday, when I was going to be meeting up with another friend. After completing my breakfast, Dave then came in and chatted to us and asked what our plans were for the day (I didn't have any at this point). He then proceeded to suggest some nice areas and pubs to visit and gave me a map and marked the locations on it. He said I could hold on to the map for the time being. This was great for me as I had nothing planned, but now most of my day was planned for me, and I got to see some really nice parts of Yorkshire!

On the Friday morning, I needed to leave the guest house earlier as I had planned to travel the Settle-Carlisle railway with a friend of mine. Another couple who were doing the 3 peaks walk also needed to set off early and Sally kindly agreed to have our breakfast ready before we left.

All in all, I couldn't have asked for any better of a guest house. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. I hopefully plan to go to Yorkshire again next year, and will have no hesitation at staying at Thorngarth again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thorngarth, Owner at Thorngarth Country Guest House, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Sally and I are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Thorngarth Country Guest House and also your visit to the Yorkshire Dales. There is so much to see and do in and around the Ingleton and surrounding areas, and you don't even have to be a walker to enjoy the Dales. We are in an ideal position as a base to explore The Yorkshire dales, Forest of Bowland and Lake District. Kind Regards Dave & Sally.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The other reviews on this site describe Thorngarth Country Guest House and the surrounding area perfectly and there's not a great deal to add other than to say we have just spent another 4 nights at Thorngarth and yet again we have had a brilliant stay. Nothing is too much trouble for Dave and Sally, the rooms are spotless and the food is always cooked to perfection with an excellent choice every day. One thing is certain; 'we will be back'.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. It is very much appreciated. Your status as a Senior Reviewer is noted and acknowledged. Sally and I are pleased that you again enjoyed your stay at Thorngarth House, and hope that we are able to once again welcome you into our home sometime in the future. Kind Regards - Dave & Sally.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Dave and Sally made us most welcome and provided us with exellent service.We had a very comfortable room with adequate bathroom. Sally was most helpful regarding my dietary requirements which I very much appreciated. This is the third year we have visited Thorngarth which shows how much we enjoy our visits.

Room Tip: Room was very comfortable with Tea/Coffee making facilities. Bathroom rather small but adequate, hav...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thorngarth, Owner at Thorngarth Country Guest House, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Sally and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Thorngarth Country Guest House. There is so much to see and do in and around Ingleton, the Yorkshire Dales and surrounding areas. Kind Regards Dave & Sally
Welwyn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We've just returned from two nights at Thorngarth, our base for attempting the Yorkshire Three Peaks walk (three mountains 25 miles). Dave and Sally have a great B&B and were very welcoming. They bought breakfast forward so that we could get off early. Dave missed us to say goodbye but by the time we'd started walking had left a message on my mobile offering a lift if we failed to complete the walk. Happily we didn't need to take him up on the offer but it was really kind for him to take the trouble, and gave us a "get out of jail free card" had we have needed it. If you stay, try the marmalade, great stuff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thorngarth, Owner at Thorngarth Country Guest House, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Sally and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of staying at Thorngarth Country Guest House and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Well done for completing the Yorkshire Three Peaks in good time. Kind Regards Dave & Sally
Tempsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Dave and Sally were clearly born to look after guests because they do it so well: attentive without being overbearing and helpful to a tee. The room was quiet and comfortable and and the B&B is within easy walking distance of the village's pubs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sally and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Thorngarth House. Thank you for your comments. Kind Regards Dave & Sally
East Linton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I gave my parents a gift voucher for Thorngarth for Christmas and they have returned, once again, raving about their holiday. Lovely warm welcome and encouraged to feel relaxed and at ease with the other guests. Rooms always immaculate with excellent quality homemade food every day.
"Nothing is too much trouble, we had a great time"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thorngarth, Owner at Thorngarth Country Guest House, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Sally and I are really pleased that you again enjoyed your stay at Thorngarth House, and perhaps will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Thorngarth House sometime in the future. Kind Regards Dave & Sally
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great location for seeing the best of the Dales. Excellent hospitality, food, comfort etc. Great couple and any info you need is readily available by both. Dave even worked out a route for us to see the very best of the Dales, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your stay at Thorngarth Country Guest House. Your status as a regular Trip Advisor reviewer is noted and acknowledged. Ingleton is ideally situated to use as a base to visit and explore the Yorkshire Dales and surrounding areas, and we can recommend many lovely places to visit and experience the Dales countryside. Thanks once again. Kind Regards Dave & Sally

Been to Thorngarth Country Guest House? Share your experiences!