“OK” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited Penleys on the 4th May having been several times before we wondered how the new menu and opening/closing times would effect things.The new menu is ok I probably prefered the old menu.The food and service was good.Having booked for 7 30pm I wondered if things would be a bit rushed but service was just about right with a break between our starter and main course.We were the last people in but at no time did we feel any pressure to leave.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Macclesfield UK
“Ab Fab !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We periodically visit Leyburn and always have lunch at Penleys. The quality of food, service and ambience is consistently high. It's well placed and the whole of the local world goes by outside which adds to the interest.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leyburn, United Kingdom
“Wake up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Having used penleys cafe a number of times and as a rule very much enjoyed it to. day the 21 April 2013 we saw a side that may have changed our minds we ordered soup of the day (bread bun still frozen)burger with its trimmings (burnt)after sending the meal back ,soup and bread bun arrived back ok but the burger still for the second time burnt.the sad thing was none of the staff could be bothered to ask if things where ok .we also noticed they are advertising for a chef to help out at certain times I hope the new one knows cooked from burnt

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“A favourite for lunchtime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Being local we use this place regularly and have always found the staff friendly and efficient. There is a great selection on the menu from light snacks and cakes to full meals. Their carrot cake is quite delicious! I have always found that the service is quite speedy. Being disabled it is nice to be able to take my walking aid (rollator) inside as there is space to do this. (Although there is no ramp for a wheelchair you could take one in if lifted up the step for you). Overall I would recommend this as a friendly, busy bistro with excellent food and drinks.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Poor service, average food, overpriced, avoid!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I Ordered 2 drinks today and had to wait 15 minutes for them to arrive! The cafe was not especially busy and the waitress grudgingly apologised for the delay when she finally brought the drinks. This isn't the first time I've had poor service here (I'm a local), I also think it's overpriced and the food is average at best. I would definately not recommend Penleys!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere