“Ad fab bed and breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Dale's Haven
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Market Place, Leyburn DL8 5BJ, England   |
Ranked #11 of 26 Leyburn B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Ad fab bed and breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Fab stay at this bed and breakfast. Stayed three nights to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had a lovely time. Nice room and brilliant service. We left a bottle of bubbly chilling in the fridge in the room and when we returned the lovely owners had left us two champagne flutes. How good is that. Excellent breakfast with views over Wensleydale with snow on the hilltops. All very special stay. Ideal place for touring and walking with plenty of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Co Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stay in Leyburn on business about five or six times a year and usually stay overnight in this b and b. I have always found it friendly and comfortable and very relaxing. There is free wifi, which is essential for me to be able to catch up on work. I often need an early breakfast at 7 o clock and the owners are very obliging. The breakfast itself is of excellent quality. The b and b has a carpark, which is a bonus and they take credit cards when many smaller b and bs don't. Plenty of places to eat within very easy walking distance. Will be staying there again in the coming months. Also it is the only b and b I have stayed in with a fridge in the room. Quite a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Harrogate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed here with three friends for a wedding and would recommend it to others. Two minutes' walk from the register office made it an ideal location. The beds were very comfortable and rooms clean and well maintained and also have a fridge. Breakfast passed the veggie test too and combined with a wonderful view from the dining room, it really did make for a very enjoyable stay. Lovely staff/owners. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My boyfriend and i arrived at this b and b wet,cold and fed up after cycling through wind and rain for 30 miles on our coast to coast trip. We were immediately given a warm welcome and offered a warming cup of tea. It was a brief stay but would thoroughly recommend it. Clean, comfortable and friendly. Wonderful breakfast worked wonders for the day's ride. Great thing for cyclists is a garage to park your bikes over night. Also Leyburn is a great place with good places to eat at reasonable prices. Would loved to have stayed longer and will no doubt return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this bed and Breakfast for a weekend break to celebrate our wedding anniversary. There is an excellent restaurant in Leyburn - the Sandpiper - which was recommended to us and we wanted to stay somewhere within walking distance, as the Sandpiper had no rooms available. This b and b fitted the bill just two minutes walk away. We received a very warm welcome from the owners and were shown into a bedroom themed on Audrey Hepburn, which was nicely decorated and came with dvds of Audrey Hepburn's best films and pictures of the actress on the walls. Not only was the room marvellous but the en suite was huge with a walk in shower. The owners also run a tourist information centre from their b and b and they were extremely helpful in helping us plan our day to take in some of the best bits of Wensleydale and Swaledale. The drive from Leyburn to Reeth and down to Hawes via Buttertups pass is a must for anyone visiting for the first time. This route allows you to visit Hardraw waterfall and Aysgarth waterfalls too. It was a fantastic day out when you don't want to do much walking. Breakfast was very good and the black pudding was the best I have ever had. All in all, we liked this b and b very much and will no doubt be returning. My wife loved the Hepburn theme and it exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Conwy, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

A friend and I decided to stay here having found the place on trip advisor. On first appearances I was quite happy with our choice, with perfect location within the lovely little town of Leyburn. The room was also well decorated, and the themed room idea was a unique spin on things. However, the disappointment started on the first morning where I found dog hair in my breakfast, something that I really can’t stand. I decided to let it drop and did not mention it to the owners thinking it would be a one off, especially as I had seen how much the dog meant to the owners having seen it several times walking around the house. However unfortunately, on our last day, I found my linen serviette to be COVERED in dog hairs, which looked as if the dog had used it as a pillow for several nights it was that coated! I discretely asked the owners wife for a replacement, informing her quietly of my discovery only to be shouted down that she must have dropped it on the floor and that it couldn’t possibly be her dogs hair! She then replaced the serviette with another equally filthy dog hair covered serviette, something which again I reported. She was very rude, angry and had no customer skills or tact. I was willing to let the incident drop but unfortunately due to her horrendous attitude I for one will not be staying again. Her outburst was so outrageous and uncalled for I had other guests staying at the B and B approach me in horror of what they witnessed. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Travelling north we chose Leyburn as a place to stay en route and found this b and b a great place. A warm welcome from the owners who showed us a choice of two rooms, both were okay and we chose a room with a view of the dales. Perfectly clean and comfortably. No bath but the shower was a very decent secon best. Plenty of place to eat round and about within walking distance. Only a one-night stay but will recommend, and return if passing again. Very friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dale's Haven? Share your experiences!