“The best Indian restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 25 restaurants in Helmsley
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Latheron, United Kingdom
“The best Indian restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have been to Desi Spice several times now when we were staying in the area. We have had both the 'a la carte' and the buffet and both are excellent. The value for money with the buffet is very good, as is the food, the choices are numerous and varied and it is truly 'all you can eat', as the attentive staff do encourage you to go back for seconds. We certainly will go back next time we are in the area, it was the best Indian food that we have eaten in a long time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

72% Recommend
“Very very good buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I went to this place on the way to east coast the waiter offerd the menu but I went for buffet because there over 20 dishes on offer , all I can say is that the food was excellent service was as wel I will be going back there next time am passing by

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burnley, United Kingdom
“eat al-a carte”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My very first experience of eating at the Desi spice and what a beautiful place it is,very clean nicely decorated and the staff very friendly and willing to help.I choose a lamb dish from the al-la carte menu and the flavours and spices were fantastic,I just love their pilau rice very different from the ordinary and the nan breads were hot,soft and tasty,I certainly would recommend this place to eat as it is what it says on the tin and not to be missed if you are in the Helmsley area.I am looking forward to my return visit later in the year and hope to be able to write a similar review.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds
“Buffet meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Worth a visit. Good value. There are not many rural curry restaurants as good as this. They offer menu meals but we had the buffet. Several starters. Eight main meal choices, two rices, veg dish, vegitarian option and Nan breads.

Visited May 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Action required”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Been to this restaurant a number of times but stopped going a year ago due to excessive pricing but decided to go back and give it another try. Bad decision....... Sampled the buffet as it was something new to me but found the quality poor and therefore the value was disappointing.
Has the owner taken on more than he can cope with as they seemed to have opened lots of other places. Others must feel the same way as it was only half full on a normally busy night.

Visited May 2013