My partner and I booked a spa break here which included a treatment, use of the spa, evening meal and bed & breakfast.
In summary, the hotel is excellent but the spa is not of the same standard.
The spa is very small with limited facilities. Although the treatments were good, the size and age of the venue really means it's trying to bunch above it's price tag. The pool is outdoors which is fine but so is the hottub. This is small and has only two jets which is quite pathetic. It's made worst still by the fact it's made of wood and has a visible scum tide mark around the edge. While we were there it also had a used plaster floating around and several drinks glasses hadn't been cleared away. The relaxation area is too busy and not isolated from the check in desk/staff office. While trying to relax in this area all I could hear was a staff member shouting to another staff member about towels. Availability of towels was actually quite poor and we had to request them twice. It's a detail that other spas consider better.
Really the spa is not worth the money but compared to the hotel you'd think it was a different business. The rooms are well appointed and immaculately clean. The attention to detail is first rate and the service from the staff is excellent. The food was excellent and could not be faulted. It was difficult to sleep in our room on account of traffic and the church bells.
Overall the hotel and restaurant was brilliant but the spa rubbish. Had I only booked the spa I would have wanted a refund but the hotel really is worth the trip.
- Also Known As:
- Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Helmsley
- Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena
- Feversham Arms Hotel And Verbena Spa
- Feversham Arms Hotel Verbena
- Feversham Arms
- Feversham Arms Helmsley
- Feversham Arms Hotel
- Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa Helmsley, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully set in the heart of Helmsley on the North Yorkshire Moors we’re one of the UK’s finest hotels offering the height of luxury to all our guests. As soon as you arrive you’ll understand what a special place the Feversham is, yet luxury doesn’t have to mean stuffy.At the Feversham, we’ve perfected the art of cosy. We’ve created the ideal retreat to escape the day and disappear for a while. Stepping across the threshold of any one of one of our 33 intimate and unique rooms you’ll feel completely at home and relaxed.From log burners in some rooms, deep comfy chairs and duck down duvets with Egyptian cotton sheets, to a state of the art Bang & Olufsen media centre, we’ve thought of everything to make your stay memorably restful.Critically acclaimed, the menu is constantly evolving to bring new, exciting dishes to your table, whilst complementing our reputation for serving the very finest food. Whether you choose to dine privately, in our beautiful restaurant, or on our poolside terrace, all our dishes are complemented by thoughtfully chosen fine wines from around the world.The luxurious Verbena Spa complements the hotel beautifully. A relaxing haven in which you can escape the pressures of life, our award winning spa is a world class retreat in a beautiful setting. This is a place where you can enjoy pamperfection with individual treatments available ranging from manicures through to full spa days, all using luxury products from some of the finest names. Our famous heat experience with saunarium, aromatherapy room, salt vapour room, monsoon shower, ice cave, foot spa, outdoor hot tub and heated pool, makes this the perfect place to kick back & relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.