This is our second visit to the Wheatsheaf & it was another relaxing stay. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel at home. It was my wifes birthday & we had travelled with a couple of friends & decided we would not move from in front of the log fire in the bar all day. We started off with ham sandwiches all round consisted of some lovely local ham then onto the bar! The Black Sheep bitter was on top form & after a couple of hours of getting beat at dominos by the girls we decided to concede & order some food. The steaks were cooked to perfection & the Steak & bacon pie was delicious, as was the sticky toffee pudding! After a long day/night we retreated to our well appointed rooms for some well earned rest. Breakfast in the morning was top notch & all in all a grest stay. Next time we have a free weekend when we just want to sit back & relax we'll be heading back to the Wheatsheaf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is a traditional, family run inn set in the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Walker and dog friendly, the Wheatsheaf is on a spectacular walking route between the historic Bolton Castle (where Mary Queen of Scots was kept captive in 1568)and the world famous Aysgarth Falls. The Wheatsheaf was also where Alf White (more famously known as the vet and author James Herriot) and his wife had their honeymoon in 1941. Featuring real ales, log fires, and good food, the Wheatsheaf prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Hotel Carperby
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant And Bar