Set in the village of Carperby in the beautifull Yorkshire Dales is the Wheatsheaf Hotel , what a great place for a quiet break . We were met by Claire one of the owners daughters who really could not have been more friendley and helpfull making our stay one to be repeated soon. Our room was large comfortable and warm and lacked nothing,food plentifull with a wide choice the breakfasts very good. Fine Theakston ales in the bar put the icing on the cake . The hotel was the venue for James Herriots honeymoon a wise choice for them. Claires sister who co-runs the hotel is also the chief and does a great job.At the rear is a large carpark plenty of space,across the road is a well signposted path through the fields to the beautifull Aysgarth Falls well worth a visit.Also a must is a short drive to Hawes and its world famous Wensleydale cheese factory.Must not finish the review without mentioning Ladyboy the large black pub cat whose also very friendly.Don,t expect 5star but you will get a 5star welcome and srevice with a smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is a traditional, family run inn set in the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Walker and dog friendly, the Wheatsheaf is on a spectacular walking route between the historic Bolton Castle (where Mary Queen of Scots was kept captive in 1568)and the world famous Aysgarth Falls. The Wheatsheaf was also where Alf White (more famously known as the vet and author James Herriot) and his wife had their honeymoon in 1941. Featuring real ales, log fires, and good food, the Wheatsheaf prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Wheatsheaf in Wensleydale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Hotel Carperby
- The Wheatsheaf Residential Hotel, Restaurant And Bar