“Excellent Hotel to spend New Year.” 5 of 5 stars

Theobalds Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lieutenant Ellis Way, Cheshunt EN7 5HW, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cheshunt
Corby northants uk
“Excellent Hotel to spend New Year.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family who always spend the new year together had the best experience at the hotel. From the time we arrived to our departure. The staff were very helpful. The gala dinner
Dance was outstanding, a champagne breakfast with a superb selection. The highlight of the night was a private firework display in the grounds of the hotel.
The Manager went out of his way to talk to everyone, he did an outstanding job. Devere You should keep an eye on him he is good at his job and has the perfect temperament for a manager
It is obvious the staff respect him and enjoy working with him
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
The cost of our stay was affordable . Oh forgot the rooms are large and clean.
Enjoyed our stay immensely. J moore .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
KevinBreeze, General Manager at Theobalds Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Joan M
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted following your New Year's Eve visit with us here at Theobalds Park. I am absolutely delighted if not somewhat embarrassed to read such a wonderful account of your stay with us. It is so refreshing in today's age to learn that all the efforts have been worthwhile and that our customers have enjoyed their time with us.
It is very much a team effort here at Theobalds Park and I have taken the liberty of sharing your views with all concerned. My team are equally delighted Thank you.
I do sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again in the near future.

Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

A group of family and friends spent a tremendous evening at The Theobalds Park Hotel, from the way our booking was handled by the coordinater (Katie) to the terrific fireworks display just after midnight.Check in was very smooth and all our requirements had been taken care of (one of our group is 95 years old) and we were checked in to well cleaned and presented rooms with adequate guest supplies. After a lovely afternoon tea we all went off to get ready for the evenings festivities and what a treat we were in for........ Champagne on arrival piper to pipe us into the dining room,table dressed to perfection and to top it all wonderfully cooked and presented food served efficiently by smiling and willing staff.
After the meal the evenings festivities continued with music and dancing to an excellant DJ, midnight approached and another glass of bubbly and the piper playing the traditional Auld Langs Ayne . We were then treated to an awesome display of fireworks which lasted at least ten minutes . Partying on until the early hours we eventually found a way to our beds, after a short sleep we went to the breakfast room and had a magnificent champagne breakfast again the food and service second to none.
As a fellow hotelier I would like to make a special praise to the General manager who made everybody feel special and his excellant team who attended to all requests with a smile, you can tell this Hotel has team spirit with great leadership.

Room Tip: the only real thing missing is a pool and spa but for one night stay it is not important but to retu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear garygj
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted following your recent stay with us for New Year's Eve. I am delighted that you and your party enjoyed our event here and that you were able to see in the New Year with so much fun. We are able to boast a superb event year after year and I am delighted that this tradition continues so well.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind comments with my team who I am proud to say enjoyed the event as much as our customers.
Thank you again for taking the time to highlight your thoughts and I sincerely hope we can be of service to you and your family again soon

Kevin
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

When entering the grounds for this hotel I was very surprised at how large the hotel is. Staff were very helpful and welcoming and always smiled or said hello as you passed them. Breakfast was a buffet with a large range of food and drink which is well stocked. The restaurant menu was very good value, it is a nice change to be offered food in a hotel which is not only good value but great quality as other branded hotels seem to think that they can charge a fortune for food and deliver microwave standard grub. This hotel also offers free WI-fi which is great. The hotel is not a standard hotel and is set up more for conferences, so I imagine times at which the hotel is used in this way it can be very busy. Room was lovely, lovely bathroom with fantastic bath and shower. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KevinBreeze, General Manager at Theobalds Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear vixma

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that my team were able to look after so well.

Thank you for your kind comments surrounding my team being so helpful and welcoming.I have shared your feedback with all.

It is so resfreshing to read of how much you enjoyed our food offering here at the Hotel with it being such good value but also great quality. Thank you again our Chef is really pleased.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and I hope you will be back to us again soon.

poole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

only stayed for one night when attending a function in the area. the room was fine clean warm with all the usual fittings did not use the bar area or dining room in the evening had a good nights sleep and breakfast a buffet affair was ample and loads of choice. would not choose the hotel for a break as it seems more suited to business needs than the holiday maker.

Dear tabbycatzPoole

Thank you kindly for the wonderful review you posted following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park. I am delighted that you enjoyed your brief visit and that my team were able to look after you so well.

I am pleased that you had such a good night's sleep and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering the following morning.

Thank you again for your review and I do sincerely hope we may be of service to you again soon

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Invited with friends to this venue and wasn't sure what to expect. Its clearly a conference hotel but that meant it was very spacious both in public rooms and where the dining tables were set up. Our party had a fabulous time (despite the obnoxious waiter who was slamming food down - he should leave!). The food was very good and the rooms spacious and welcoming. Have to say the breakfast the next morning had the best selection of food I've seen in a long time, really well presented. As a coffee afficiando I also liked the various coffee points around - I know its for conference guests normally but a lot of us appreciated the extra beverages the 'morning after!'

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
KevinBreeze, General Manager at Theobalds Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Londonlady2

Thank you kindly for the wonderful review you posted following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park. I am delighted to read that you and your colleagues enjoyed your Christmas party with us and that my team were able to look after you so well.

I have noted with concern your comments surrounding one of our service team and assure you this will be addressed directly. I am sorry for this lapse.

I am pleased that you also enjoyed our breakfast offering the morning after and were able to avail yourself of the free tea/coffee from our Energy Stations.

Thank you again for taking the time to highlight your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back to Theobalds Park in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is our first trip to a De Vere hotel, and i was a little sceptical after reading some of the reviews on here, but I must say we will be going back. The staff were all lovely and very helpful. The food was good both from the bar menu (which was limited to xmas) and the main resturant.
We stayed in the Ridings which is away from the main hotel, but the room was lovely and clean. What more can you ask for.
We have come home and recommended Theobalds Park to our friends and family. Thank you for such a wonderful stay.

Dear Jaseblack

Thank you kindly for the wonderful review you posted recently following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that my team were able to look after you so well.

It is so pleasing to read that you found the team, the bedrooms and food offering to be so good and I thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind works with my team who are equally pleased. Thank you.

I sincerely hope we willhave the pleasure of your company again soon

Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for convenience when visiting the area. The condition of the bedroom and en-suite facilities were disappointing, ie. the shower in our room was completely unmanageable, the bath was very deep especially for the more senior person or disabled. The bath did not have a non-slip surface nor was a rubber bath mat provided, I consider this to be a health & safety issue. The bedroom could have been cleaner and the tea & coffee facility more conveniently to hand. When enquiring at reception regarding breakfast I was informed that there was a self-service full english breakfast at £10.50 or a continental breakfast at the same cost. I consider that there should have been a reduction in cost for a continental breakfast. I feel that the management of this hotel should take steps to improve the services they provide and the ambience in general.

Room Tip: If you have a choice look at several rooms before accepting the one offered.
Dear Colinh

Thank you kindly for the review your posted following your recent stay with us here at Theobalds Park. I am concerned to learn of the problems you encountered with the quality of housekeeping and maintenance in your room.

I do seek to assure you that your comments are taken very serioulsy indeed and I am sorry for the dissappointment this has caused you. It is standard to provide a non slip mat in all our rooms and I am concerned that this was not available in your room. I am again very sorry for this oversight.

We offer a very extensive breakfast buffet in our Courtyard Restuarant which does incorporate an extensive cooked selection alongside our cold continental section and cereals etc. We do not restrict our customers to any choice but offer a value for money price to encompass the whole offering. I am sorry that this did not meet your requirements.

I am sorry that on this occasion we have not met your expectations but do hope you will return to us when we shall endeavour to restore your faith in our offering

Kevin Breeze

Been to Theobalds Park Hotel? Share your experiences!