“One of my favourites in Teignmouth” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
South Devon
“One of my favourites in Teignmouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Been here several times and never let me down with its brilliant views and food to boot. I recommend the hot chocs with all the trimmings - a real treat :) definitely coming back here again in the future!

Teignmouth, United Kingdom
“One of Favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have only been in the town of Teignmouth for 18 months and therefore, cannot comment on other venues to eat. However, I have always enjoyed the Beechcomber All day Breakfast and their lovely cheddar sandwiches. The staff are very professional and always helpful, asking if I require extras such as mayo or sauce depending on meal I have chosen. It is lovely to eat in when the weather is rough and look out on a sea that is creating wonderful huge waves. However, I think the seats by the window are somewhat looking dated and the metal windows really do require replacing with modern wide opening double glazed systems that will bring fresh air in on a hot summers day and yet keep the condensation and drafts out when the winter months arrive. I do hope the owners will take this on board if they are to keep ahead of the local competition.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rivieraapts, Manager at The Beachcomber, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that The Beachcomber is a favourite venue of yours.

We could not agree more with your comment regarding the windows but unfortunately as the building is owned by the council we are not permitted to replace the windows or update the exterior in any way.

We hope to see you at the Beachcomber again soon.
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Very Popular Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My daughter's birthday and we went to Teignmouth especially to have one of their delish breakfasts. Unfortunately, even though it's mid-Winter, it was full and we couldn't get in! Very popular place to eat, right on the sea front with lovely views. We go there often! Disappointed not to get in there today :(

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Probably the best full English breakfast I've ever eaten! Don't be put off by the exterior appearance, the Beachcomber is truly superb.
Really generous portions, freshly cooked food, friendly staff, excellent coffee and hot chocolate. What more could you possibly want?!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hot Chocloate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Not the greatest weekend to visit Devon but the Beachcomber came to the rescue. Three huge hot chocolates - cream, marshmallows and a flake (plus a coffee!!). Sat behind glass watching the rain and waves being driven by the wind. The food and cakes looked equally enticing but we had sadly already eaten. I suspect it's equally as nice on a sunny day!

• Visited January 2014