“Divine dining” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Divine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked this restaurant based on the reviews here for our Easter Weekend break down to Devon. This was our final evening meal before we came home and it did not disappoint. The owners have made this a fine dining restaurant and have executed it brilliantly. The food was tasty and plentiful. The staff and owners were warm and welcoming and made the evening very special. Highly recommended.
My husband had the scallops to start followed by melt in the mouth lamb and I had the Fois Gras follwed by their "open" fish pie. The wines were also very good. Definitely worth a visit. :)

• Visited April 2014

“Such a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This wasn't my first visit to the Owl and the Pussycat, and I have never been disappointed! Every course was beautiful, and the service was very friendly.

Surrey, United Kingdom
“Really worth a visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Normally we only go to eat at the Owl and Pussycat for a special occasion. Recently we treated ourselves and we had a really lovely delicious and enjoyable dinner. The food is very good indeed and you feel very well looked after by your host. This is, in our opinion the best local restaurant in the area.

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Just go there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We went there having passed it on a night out in Teignmouth and smelling the amazing smells coming out of it.

We certainly weren't disappointed.We had some nice bread and olives as an appetiser, then I started off properly with the calamari.

This came with a pickled spiced cucumber which was a really pleasant surprise and a really rich seafood sauce which I could have quite happily eaten a whole vat of.

I then moved on to a really tender fillet of beef with a shin of beef tartlet on a bed of cabbage, carrot puree and mash with winter veg in a fantastic jus (or gravy to me) and finished with a superb cheeseboard of local mature cheddar, and local brie and blue cheese with delicious homemade crackers and chutney, pickled walnuts and a sliced apple. I loved that I got my own cheese chisels!

However,my favourite thing was my wife's raspberry creme brulee, which if it suddenly became a sentient being, I would worship.

The atmosphere was perfect, really intimate and we got a range of tables to choose from which was a nice touch. The service was first rate and really attentive. The waiter/owner was particularly charming, apologising when he felt they were running late. However,the delay was caused by a large party turning up an hour(!) late and I personally did not feel that there was any delay.

Whilst we didn't get much change from 100 quid, we had three of the best courses we've ever eaten and will certainly be going back in future for all special occasions.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Superb food and presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Myself and two colleagues had been searching for a restaurant that was open on a Monday night in Teignmouth and we eventually stumbled upon this one. But boy were we pleased we did! They had stopped serving at 21.00 but kindly offered to squeeze us in at 21:15. Menu was seasonal and exciting for 2 vegetarians and our carnivorous friend and tasted even better!! Would def recommend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere