“Perfect food in every way” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Porthleven
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Seafood, British, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located within the picturesque harbour of Porthleven, open from 10 am for Breakfast, lunch & dinner. Recently featured in 'The Times' for top places for Breakfast! Extensive Fish Board, locally sourced from the harbour, excellent Cornish meats selected by our butchers from The Lizard, stunning selection of cakes & yummy things!
Helston, United Kingdom
“Perfect food in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was my third visit and I had no hesitation in taking my visitors for lunch. They were so impressed with the choice of specials, so many different fish dishes. On a previous occasion, I was spoilt for choice and so had two different starters instead of a main. We all had different dishes and all agreed that this "cafe" is a gem.

Truro, United Kingdom
“Majors on food quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Located on a street corner a short walk from the harbour and car park, refurbished about 3 years ago, smart, clean and compact. Efficient waitresses. If what you want is good food, this is the place to go. Food came in a reasonable time. Horseradish bread tasted much nicer than it sounds and was really very nice. I don't normally eat bread at a restaurant in case it fills me up to soon, but having tried it, my wife and I ate it all. We shared the fish goujons starter, which was good, but the dressed green leaves garnish combination was delicious. My main course was parma ham wrapped pollock with cheesy mash. I don't normally like cheese with fish but this was simply sublime. My wife said her gammon steak (and it was a steak, not a slice like you normally get) was tender but a bit salty; I tried it and found it ok. £40 including 2 medium glasses of sauvignon blanc.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huddersfield
“Absolutely Gorgeous !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Now I know why it is ranked number one restaurant out of sixteen in Porthleven, I rank it number one out of a lot of other restaurants in Cornwall. The cafe is only small with probably about 8 tables and it is always busy so it is advisable to book well in advance.
There were 16 fish dishes on the specials board, we had seafood chowder, lamb cutlets, seafood taglliettelli and strawberry pavlova everything was faultless. All the staff very friendly and helpful and nice touch was the chef also serving and chatting to customers, a definite must for you to visit if staying in Cornwall. We will be back in August and I am going to book a table this week so we can go back !!!! Thanks to staff at The Seadrift Cafe for a lovely end to our weeks holiday !!!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Still fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This restaurant continues to inspire - everyone we take there loves it and is very, very impressed. Super selection of sea food and fish as well as home made breads and cakes that are to die for. They also serve very good wines that are reasonably priced and have a good knowledge of suitable wines to serve with particular dishes.The staff are friendly and always willing to assist where possible.

Bedfordshire
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

By far the best place to eat in the area, booking is essential to be sure of a table in this popular restaurant. We had two evening meals there on our recent holiday and both were outstanding in quality and taste. The crab tagliatelli with black bream was superb while the fish gujons were of mammoth proportions, but a delight to eat. The atmosphere is very friendly and the service impeccable. I cannot recommend this place too highly, a real treat. People go back again and again, with some locals eating there every week. The people on the next table were so impressed that they booked for new Year's Eve!!.