We stayed here for two nights as part of a Rick Steves tour. The setting was rustic and the owners of the hotel were magnificent. The food they cooked up for dinner each night and the BBQ lunch they prepared on the last day were top notch.
The rooms were simple but comfortable. We ended up in the Upper Greek House which was even more peaceful and serene being a little removed from the town center. The village was easily walkable and gave a good sense of life in Anatolia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mansion known as "Asmali Konak" for years is one of the traditional old Greek Houses in fact. Now, it is in service as a hotel named "Old Greek House". The house has built in 1887, then in 1924; it was given to a family of Salonica as a result of the agreement of the commission for the settlement of the exchange immigrants. In 1938, the house was bought for 10 Turkish Liras by ancestor of Ozturks family, who came to the city as a teacher at that time. Ozturks Family has been lived here until 1992. As of 1992, the house has been designed as a hotel. Now, the hotel attracts attention of customers and visitors by its old traditional style and furniture. In addition, an Italian film "Dervish and his Death" (Dervis ve Olumu) was filmed in that place. Also, Turkey's most popular TV channel is still taking one of its films, "Asmali Konak" in this mansion. OLD GREEK HOUSE (OZTURK HOTEL). Hotel Capacity: 13 Rooms, 32 Beds. Rooms with pleasent view. Ruin and historical views are available. Facilities: Central heating, safe box at reception, 24 hrs room service, outdoor parking, turkish bath, laundry, dry cleaning, baby sitter, tv room, game room, garden, power generator and pets are allowed. Sports and Recreation: Jogging and trekking. Dining: Full board, half board, bed & breakfast, cafeteria and breakfast lounge, 6 open buffet restaurants, 50 pax indoor, 100 pax outdoor total capacity, international and Turkish cuisine. Please visit "Turkish Cuisine" page to get more information about our menu and foods. Meeting: 1 meeting room, (50 max. capacity), video player, television and facsimile. Location: Urgup 5 Km., Nevsehir airport 55 km. Kayseri airport 75 Km. in old city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Old Greek House Restaurant and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Greek House Restaurant Hotel Mustafapasa
- Old Greek House Restaurant And Hotel Mustafapasa, Cappadocia, Turkey