The Greek House is a delightful 250 year old B&B that has an authentic, Turkish village feel to it. The rooms are cheerful if a bit spartan, but there is plenty of hot water and the bathrooms are spacious enough. One oddity was that the shower had no shower curtain so the commode and floor gets completely soaked when you shower.
Breakfast is simple and includes olives, "air" bread (the name we gave the soft white bread served all over Turkey), cheese, and small amounts of yogurt. The dining room is on the main floor and is surrounded by several rooms. You reach the upstairs rooms by a stone staircase that is covered with beautiful Turkish rugs. Be careful, though, because the stairs are uneven in height and are a bit lumpy.
I definitely recommend this B&B if you're looking for a comfortable stay in a plain but comfortable place within easy driving distance of the Open Air Museums and hot air balloon rides in Cappadocia. The owner is very friendly and the staff is quite helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mansion known as "Asmali Konak" for years is one of the traditional old Greek Houses in fact. Now, it is in service as a hotel named "Old Greek House". The house has built in 1887, then in 1924; it was given to a family of Salonica as a result of the agreement of the commission for the settlement of the exchange immigrants. In 1938, the house was bought for 10 Turkish Liras by ancestor of Ozturks family, who came to the city as a teacher at that time. Ozturks Family has been lived here until 1992. As of 1992, the house has been designed as a hotel. Now, the hotel attracts attention of customers and visitors by its old traditional style and furniture. In addition, an Italian film "Dervish and his Death" (Dervis ve Olumu) was filmed in that place. Also, Turkey's most popular TV channel is still taking one of its films, "Asmali Konak" in this mansion. OLD GREEK HOUSE (OZTURK HOTEL). Hotel Capacity: 13 Rooms, 32 Beds. Rooms with pleasent view. Ruin and historical views are available. Facilities: Central heating, safe box at reception, 24 hrs room service, outdoor parking, turkish bath, laundry, dry cleaning, baby sitter, tv room, game room, garden, power generator and pets are allowed. Sports and Recreation: Jogging and trekking. Dining: Full board, half board, bed & breakfast, cafeteria and breakfast lounge, 6 open buffet restaurants, 50 pax indoor, 100 pax outdoor total capacity, international and Turkish cuisine. Please visit "Turkish Cuisine" page to get more information about our menu and foods. Meeting: 1 meeting room, (50 max. capacity), video player, television and facsimile. Location: Urgup 5 Km., Nevsehir airport 55 km. Kayseri airport 75 Km. in old city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Old Greek House Restaurant and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Greek House Restaurant Hotel Mustafapasa
- Old Greek House Restaurant And Hotel Mustafapasa, Cappadocia, Turkey