Wonderful, authentic, family run bed and breakfast for over 200 years. Staff is excellent, food is delicious and there is plenty of it. Rooms are very comfortable with original, authentic Turkish decor and private baths. We slept very happily there. Some nights there is music and dancing at the hotel, as well as street parties. No TVs or phones in rooms; internet access is available. Turkish bath on premises. The owners are in-house and very helpful, acting as tour guides when needed. The village is small, friendly and is a wonderful place to walk and visit with the locals. Hiking is fascinating in this area.
Prices are extremely reasonable. You can have laundry done for you if you need it. If hotel is full, Suleyman makes arrangements for you to stay in local home/pensione with meals at Old Greek House. You will leave asking for recipes and vowing to return.
Location is near all sightseeing places in Cappadocia. There is bus service between all towns. Personal safety is never an issue in this area. Our teenage grandsons loved this place so much that we extended our trip two more days rather than going back to Istanbul.
We highly recommend The Old Greek House. We are going back for our 4th visit in October.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mansion known as "Asmali Konak" for years is one of the traditional old Greek Houses in fact. Now, it is in service as a hotel named "Old Greek House". The house has built in 1887, then in 1924; it was given to a family of Salonica as a result of the agreement of the commission for the settlement of the exchange immigrants. In 1938, the house was bought for 10 Turkish Liras by ancestor of Ozturks family, who came to the city as a teacher at that time. Ozturks Family has been lived here until 1992. As of 1992, the house has been designed as a hotel. Now, the hotel attracts attention of customers and visitors by its old traditional style and furniture. In addition, an Italian film "Dervish and his Death" (Dervis ve Olumu) was filmed in that place. Also, Turkey's most popular TV channel is still taking one of its films, "Asmali Konak" in this mansion. OLD GREEK HOUSE (OZTURK HOTEL). Hotel Capacity: 13 Rooms, 32 Beds. Rooms with pleasent view. Ruin and historical views are available. Facilities: Central heating, safe box at reception, 24 hrs room service, outdoor parking, turkish bath, laundry, dry cleaning, baby sitter, tv room, game room, garden, power generator and pets are allowed. Sports and Recreation: Jogging and trekking. Dining: Full board, half board, bed & breakfast, cafeteria and breakfast lounge, 6 open buffet restaurants, 50 pax indoor, 100 pax outdoor total capacity, international and Turkish cuisine. Please visit "Turkish Cuisine" page to get more information about our menu and foods. Meeting: 1 meeting room, (50 max. capacity), video player, television and facsimile. Location: Urgup 5 Km., Nevsehir airport 55 km. Kayseri airport 75 Km. in old city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Old Greek House Restaurant and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Greek House Restaurant Hotel Mustafapasa
- Old Greek House Restaurant And Hotel Mustafapasa, Cappadocia, Turkey