“August at Caprici Verd hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda del Mar 3, 08398 Santa Susanna, Spain   |
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Santa Susanna
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Rehovot, Israel
“August at Caprici Verd hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We and our friends lived at this hotel at August 2012. The meal was real good, but more international then ethnic. Excellent placement near railway, tourist bus station, and tourist information office. Very good bar. Staff were spoke 3-5 languages. Good pool, but the gym was a big disappointment for me. Free WiFi. The sea was a little bit cold for our children (end of August). Rooms: not enough electricity sockets, there is enough space at room, but it's no big enough. Finally: it's a really good place!
P.S For small children, take a pony ride at 15 minutes walk from hotel. Appropriate advertisement you may find at the lobby near reception.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

we stayed in Caprici Verd for a week in Sept. The hotel is new and situated end of Santa Suzanna. Just opposite rail station so very easy to hop on and off up and down coast. The rooms are spacious and well equipped...cleaned every day and fresh towels. The staff were lovely and very pleasant. The food was plentiful and lots of choice. All GOOD !!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My daughter and her freind stayed here in september 2011 so we knew the location of the hotel and the general overview. The Hotel itself is really nice - the rooms each have 2 double beds with loads of space & a walk in double shower. Each has a small balcony with views either of the pool and see or the mountains.

The pool is fine - a tad cold when you get in but once you are in its fine. There is a small childrens pool and play area and an outside jacuzzi. There are lots of sunbeds and parasols.

Ther is also a small gym with about 8 peices of equipment - and a small indoor pool.

We stayed half board - the breakfast is fine - scrambled eggs - fried eggs - pancakes - little sausages, bacon - tomatoes beans - fresh bread - multiple types of toast - 4 yoghurts - cerials and fruit. Coffe and Tea is from a machine - but OK.

There is a mini club for children and all day animation - not my thing but the russians and gemans seemed to lap it up.

Evening meals - hmm - the hotel is mainly occupied by russians - and the food is very much aimed at them - however every night if you have fussy eaters there are 2-3 different potatoe dishes - 2 x pasta dishes & freshly cooked pizza. The salad is very much like a "harvester" tubs of various fresh salads - & there was always freshly cooked baggettes.

Santa Susanna is very flat - and is great for people with walking difficulties. The hotel itself is situated at the far end of the resort (where all of the spanish rated 4star hotels are) opposite the train station which is great to get into barcelona and other points of interest. It is much quieter at this end - which is why we chose it but a short walk and you can be in the noisier part!

We would stay again but Bed & breakfast - to enjoy quieter eveing meals as the Restaurant is very much a canteen (standard for this part of spain) and I personally like to have my food served to me ! :)

We flew with ryan air - and Low cost holidays and for the price I thought the hotel and location were excellent - and we will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the corridoor to avoid corridoor noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

6 of us stayed here in Sept 2012.
My boyfriend and I stayed in a double room, which had two double beds in and was very spacious and clean. We had a room at the side of the hotel, but still had a seaview and also a view of the hills, (you can go on an hour long train ride to the top of the hills for 4 euros, well worth it, the views were fab!). The room was cleaned every day, unless you hang a "do not disturb sign" on the door. Bathroom was very clean and spacious, with a large walk in shower and toiletaries provided.

Food at the hotel was great, we stayed half board, so had breakfast (8am - 10am) and evening meal (7pm - 9.30pm) every day. If you want to go out for the day and won't make it back for the evening meal the hotel will provide you with a packed lunch.
The breakfast buffet included fry ups, crossaints, pastries, cereals, museli, yogurts, juices, coffees/teas, toast, and even pancakes!!
The dinner buffet varied every day, but included things such as burgers, fish, paella, salads, different meats, hotdogs, rice dishes, pastas and cakes, jellies, icecreams and fruits for desserts. They hold 3 themed dinners a week, when we were there they held spanish, oriental and fish themed evenings. The week before was mexican, spanish and indian themes.

The pool at the hotel is lovely, and there is a heated jacuzzi and childrens pool outside with the main pool. The loungers with matresses on are verrry comfy and free to use. The indoor pool and jacuzzi looked very nice, but I did not use them. You need to purchase a swimming cap to use the indoor pool. There's also a gym next to the indoor pool. There's pool tables, table football, table tennis and a little arcade in the hotel too.

Drinks prices at the bar are resonable, 2 euros for a bottle of Estrella beer, however I do recommend a visit to Carrefour, a big supermarket about a 10 minute walk behind the hotel (the reception staff directed us to it, very helpful!). A crate of six bottles of Estrella beer was just over 2 euros, bargain!!! Everything else in there was well priced too.

The area of Santa Susanna/Malgrat itself is very nice, you do have to go under a subway to reach the beach due to the train line, but theres a lot of them dotted down the promenade.
The beach is shingle, so quite rough to walk on. The beach outside the hotel is quite small, but if you walk towards malgrat it becomes bigger and has bars/shops/sun lougers etc. on it. Watch out for the people walking round the beach selling sunglasses/coconut/bags etc though as they are quite annoying!!!
Lots of shops and restaurants along the promenade, a good english pub to look out for is The Drunken Duck, good prices for drinks and the landlord is really nice!
Theres a nice market all the way to Malgrat every evening from about 7pm, it starts outside the hotel.
Also the train station is right outside the hotel, we took the train to Barcelona, which took about an hour and 10 minutes, and was very cheap. Trains to Barcelona are about every half an hour throughout the day.

The only area I'd mark the hotel down on is the entertainment. It wasn't terrible, but not amazing either. There were discos, bingo, singers, flamenco dancers etc.

Overall we had a fantastic holiday in Santa Susanna and a great stay at the Caprici Verd. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We booked this hotel in February, after a week of careful research (only on Santa Susana hotels since we made plans to meet friends from another country who got a package deal for hotel Caprici). We only have 3 very particular demands - cleanliness, good A/C and proper internet (my husband has to have access for his work, and I need to communicate with family and friends - we have been traveling for the last 8 month, therefore skype and FB are a must).
The cleanliness is ok. But as I am a sort of Monica (yes, the one from Friends - couldn't think of a better way to describe it) when it comes to sanitary conditions so I of course found something to mention. The Bathroom floor had marks on it so it didn't make impression of spotless. However, everything else in the bathroom was very clean and no strange hairs were found in the bed, so it's not all that bad. Something I noticed later - there was a lot of dust in the room, even after they cleaned it (a few days after we checked in).
The A/C is a huge deal for us as we both really hate being hot and sweaty. When we entered the room we immediately turned it up on the lowest temp to cool off, but nothing happened. It took us hours to cool the room, and its never cold enough! I think the temp control doesn't really exist. The only thing you get to control is the fan speed. So as usual you have 3 stages, but the temp is always the same (probably 25C). I suspect it works like that in most hotels in Europe, but that doesn't make it ok in my opinion.
Regarding the internet. When we were looking to book, the hotel offered internet access for 15$ for week I think. Since we need it, and since it was almost the only hotel who offered WiFi at all (if you are an American traveling to Europe - be prepared - it is nothing like home) we booked a room and were happy knowing our demand for internet access will be met. When checking in we were pleasantly surprised to find that the WiFi is now free of charge. However, when we got to our room we realized why. It is the slowest connection EVER! Yes, it is even slower then in dial up you had in the 90's! And as if it's not annoying enough - it gets disconnected all the time. Of course Skype is useless under these conditions - for me it's a huge disappointment, since I use it to talk to my grandparents. We usually video chat at least 3 times a week, but I couldn't even make a regular call :(
One last thing that really bothered me was the coffee issue. I'm used to be able to have coffee (or tea) when I wake up. Unlike usually, in this hotel there is nothing to make coffee/tea with. And if that is not enough - there is NOWHERE to buy it either. The hotel bar opens at 9AM, and the coffee shop outside the hotel opened at 8AM. I'm not an early bird, but I had to wake up at 6:30 once (to leave for a day trip), and I ended up leaving without waking up. Highly annoying.
Other then that the room is pretty spacious - there is a very big closet and balcony with partial sea view (almost all rooms have it). The bed is not that comfy, so If you have back problems it's not the best choice. Also you can hear everything thats going on in the hall so if you are a light sleeper you will not sleep all that well here. In the mornings the cleaning staff makes A LOT of noise so it's impossible to sleep in. We attempted to do so once but gave up around 10.
The TV is old and tiny. We don't mind since we hardly use it, but if you're one if those people who likes watching movies - this is not the one to choose. The pool looks big enough but my friends who used it said it had way too much chlorine. However, since I don't use it I cant really add anything significant.
The staff is ok. Not too nice, but not rude either.
The food is not too great. We only got breakfast and it's very reach. There is everything people usually have for breakfast - eggs, bacon, beans, crepes, pastry, all kinds of bread, cereal, yogurt, fruits and veggies, but it's not great tasting. My husband (who loves food) wouldn't eat most of it, but I guess it's not the worst breakfast. The couple we met with stayed at Hotel Caprici across the street, and they are not too happy about the food either.
Also, it turned out that Santa Susana doesn't really have good restaurants. Even the hotel reception sent us to the next town. There are plenty of places, but none of them worth mentioning (as far as we understood). On the other hand, the train (that connects Barcelona and all the touristy towns like this) along the coast is very efficient and it stops right in front of the hotel.
To sum up, we did not exactly enjoy our stay in this hotel, but I'm not sure there is anything better around there. And yes, I have been to better hotels for that price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had a great 6 days of chilling around the pool at hotel. The hotel had a great restaurant, I am a vegetarian but always found something with lots of variety I'm not saying it was the best ever food ive had but it was ok.
The rooms were very spacious and spotlessly clean. As was the hotel itself.
The resort was a little quiet but ok for a few days. On the whole an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Aug 2012 and loved this hotel and would return if given the chance, the hotel is situated at the end of the promenade of santa susana, very quiet at night but with all u need on your doorstep, the hotel is very clean and staff are pleasent and polite and speak engish well, there is a large pool, bubble pool and baby pool there is no problem getting beds as leaving towels on loungers before 9 is not alowed especially on the premium loungers which have mattreses (no charge to use just more comfy) ps the hotel ses to cater really well for the disabled . we stayed half board with two kids under 5, the food was very good with the menu changing each night drinks included with breakfast but not evening meal, loads of high chairs also the staff are happy for u to have a lunch instead of evening meal if you fancy eating out at night a couple of times they will even make a packed lunch if going on a day trip and will miss a meal, there is a safe in the room which was €24 for two weeks and also a small lockable fridge, a ten min walk from the hotel you will find a Lidl where you can get all your basic shopping cheap and coke ect is €1 for 2L and water .20c for 1.5L so worth going as at the resort its considerably more. Trains to barcelona leave from outside the hotel and we paid €24 for 2 adults and one child (5) and baby was free. Market day is tue and starts on the road outside the hotel until midday, and in adition small stalls set up each night on the walk down to malgarat,
all in all a very good hotel with good value for money recomended!!

• Stayed August 2012
CapriciVerd, at Caprici Verd, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Good day Mr. Bobsimes2012. From the management of Caprici Verd we appreciate your remarks and thank you for the time you have spent on commenting your experience. We are glad you and your family had a good time with us and hope to see you all back in Caprici Verd soon.

Been to Caprici Verd? Share your experiences!