“OK rooms, awful bathroom, inedible food, and atrocious service” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Caprici
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Passeig Maritim s/n, 08398 Santa Susanna, Spain   |
Ranked #14 of 22 hotels in Santa Susanna
Manchester, United Kingdom
“OK rooms, awful bathroom, inedible food, and atrocious service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of a large group. The bedrooms were fine, but that was the only acceptable part of the hotel.

The bathroom's suffered in that the water would go from boiling hot to freezing cold without warning. This was consistent for a whole week. It made take a shower impossible.

The food (we were half board) was wholly inedible, the breakfast buffet included powdered fruit juices, and cereal which was like cardboard. The evening meals were equally dire.

When complaints were made the hotel staff were dismissive and rude.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Irvine, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Been to the Hotel caprici on more than one occasion over the years and it's changed from a UK dominated hotel to a western European and recently an east European favourite, which makes it feel much more exotic.....how about karaoke with the words appearing on the screen in cyrillic !!!
The access can be a bit off putting, as you tend to get dropped on the main road and have to lug your case thro' an underpass to reach the hotel, not a long way but I wouldn't recommend going here if you have any mobility problems. If mobility isn't an issue, then don't let it put you off. The hotel is bright and airy, the rooms are roomyish, clean and tidy. Try and get a room overlooking the pool / seafront, altho' the inland side isn't too bad, nice views up to the hills. The train to barcelona stops about 50 metres away, but is very quiet and in no way disturbs your peace.
Dining room is again an enclosed affair ( similar to other santa Susana hotels, can't think why ) which can appear a bit claustrophobic at busy times. Food is buffet style, variable but you would have to be really fussy to find nothing to saitisfy you. The swimming pool is a reasonable size and planty of beds and shade for the times when it gets too hot. The hotel is the last ( or first ) hotel in Santa Susana and is bordered by a long beach which stretches along the coast to Callella.....it gets quite busy with locals during the weekends but there's plenty of room. It gives the hotel an impression of isolation and quiet, but is just across the road from the start of a lovely wide promenade which runs into Santa Susana centre, and which is populated by street artists and kraft sellers....lovely to walk along after dinner.
The real selling point of this hotel is it's beach front location, literally 10 metres from the shore front. The terrace bar at the front / or back of the hotel is a lovely place to watch the sunrise with a quiet coffee, or the sunset with a nice drink ....or just to sit in at any other time of the day. It also does a nice range of snacks / light meals which we can recommend....porbably better than the fair served in the restaurant.
So, a good base, quiet but not isolated, quirky with cyrillic karaoke and not too expensive, try it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011 via mobile

We had a 5 day break here returning yesterday. I feel I need to be quick and alert others before you go here. If you are after juat a base to travel or sunbathe all day it is ideal. If you want to spend any time in the hotel pool/bar/room then go elsewhere.
We were dropped off on the main road and had to walk through a dirty subway to get to the hotel. We arrived at 11pm and there was no English speaking staff. We finaly got our key to our second floor room with a "sea view". Well you can see some see but mainly a massive empty patch of land which looks terrible. We only had the sun on the balcony till 1pm.
The beach is right out the back, great for sunbathing but beware. It's not a sand beach, it's manmade. I wasn't aware until a lovely English cleaner told us. The grit stones/gravel isn't great for kids or long stays.
The pool was always full so we never even got near it. I think this hotel is aimed at german/Dutch/Russian/Spanish. Not English. The cleaner told us the English go less and less every year.
The food.....well.....Always cold, always dry, very little choice and just simply a joke. The staff in the hotel like to keep you crammed together, I wanted to be near the soup as it's all I ate but was told no, even tho I have a bad limp so explained I may slipp holding the soup and walking so far. Still no, I asked the manager to help me out on this and was told he could move us to another hotel!!! Why?! I explained why I wanted to
Be near the soup and was told to calm my attitude!!! I never even raised my tone never mind my voice, lol. I did not go back to the restraunt after that.
The day before we were due to leave, my mum had a fall and I tried to get a flight home. This was a big thing to me and when I explained this to the staff on reception, there reponce was "there's a phone over there you can use" Wow! No other help or kind words offered in any way.
That is all I can say about this hotel. We won't be going back, santa susana is just not for the English. There are caravan sites on both sides of the hotel too.

• Stayed June 2011
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed there with our 2 children (6 years & 8 months) and with my husband's parents and sister for a week in July 2010. It is a quite typical 3 hotel standards, rooms, public areas, restaurants relatively clean (except the floor in the room was some sand and dirty public showers which we had to use as we had late flight and had to check out at 11am]. Food was good and beach around the hotel was nice as well. Swimming pool was rather small especially in the high season full of kids jumping into the pool.
Unfortunately our travel agent didn't pass our requirements to the hotel, in the end the travel agent were too "busy" and the hotel was not interested at all with finding a solution. We tried to ask as well for a late check out because our flight was at 10pm (of course we were willing to pay) but not a chance due to high season. Tried to speak with the manager about it mainly because of the baby but he "politely" kicked us out from the office not even willing to find some solution. I just had the impression that the hotel was fully booked and nothing else matters.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

we stayed for a week (8-15july) in this beautiful hotel. The food was oké but not very special, no big choice for breakfast but sufficient choice for dinner which you were free to take from 1 until 9pm. The rooms were very basic, but bathroom was a bit small and poorly equiped. Positive points are the beautiful terrace with outside bar having a direct access to the beach and to the swimming pool, protected against the sun by big shadowsails. The swimming pool is surrounded by palm trees. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for 10 days and it was wonderful. It was very clean, the staff were helpful and friendly, there was a great choice of food ...
And we have never stayed at a hotel which is so close to the sea.

Santa Susanna is great for families with children, it's very quiet and relaxing. There's a train to Barcelona passing by the hotel but it's so quiet you can hardly hear it when you're outside.
You can go on many excursions, to Barcelona, Blanes, Lloret de Mar, Montserrat...
There's Adventure Park, Marineland (Barcelona), Aquarium (Barcelona), Water World (Lloret de Mar), botanical garden (Blanes)...
You can go by train, boat, bus, little train...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

I traveled with my girlfriend to this hotel to have a nice rest with out partying ,so i was looking for the hotel on the beach which i got! The hotel is nice and EXTREMLY CLEAN which we liked very much, but theres more. The food in the hotel is as described here AWFULL! The food is disgusting , after 10 days of eating the same stuff every time i smell the dining room i felt sick and wanted to puke!
The hotel is nice and the staff friendly but book this hotel only without the food if you are not a fat german who can eat basicly everything. If you enjoy the pool this is not a hotel for you, lots of noisy kids with sunbeads inside....

Nice time in hotel , nice rest and sleep but the food is a huge -

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Caprici? Share your experiences!