We stayed for a week at the end of October. It was very wet and cold during our time there. We were told it's the wettest/coldest October they've had in 20 years. Typical.
We couldn't use the pool as it was too cold. It's small but nice. The bar was reasonably priced at 1.50 for a glass of house wine which was delicious. Bar food was also reasonably priced at about 3.00 euro for a baguette or hot dog.
The room was spacious but the beds weren't very comfortable at all. The fold out beds kept breaking as the slats fell out when my 14 year old turned round. This didn't cause us any problems really.
You have a nice flat screen TV on the wall and you can get internet access in your room for 6 euro for 24 hours. You just go to reception and they give you a keyboard and mouse.
There is no iron in the room but this is provided free from reception. The apartment is equiped with a microwave, kettle, toaster, hot plate and all the bits to cook a basic meal. The safe is 20 euro's for the week.
We didn't notice if our towels were changed whilst we were there so can't comment if they did or didn't.
During our stay there was a flood in the hall (we were on the first floor). The whole place was swimming in water in the hall and in some rooms. Ours was fine but they were quick to offer us a new room and ask if there was any problems.
Everyones english was good and people were very friendly.
We stayed in Barcelona one night whilst were there and it was 8.60 return to Placa Catalunya which is central. Trains are immaculate, the journey is stunning with beautiful scenery and it takes about 1 hour with the trains every 15/30 mins.
The outdoor market is on Tuesdays and takes up the whole outer street and there was some bargains to be had. We didn't get to any of the supermarkets except the one underneath the hotel as it was too wet and my husband was ill (kidney stones but thats a whole other story) I found the shop to be expensive with a loaf of bread costing over 3.00 euro. I'm sure there are cheaper places but it was too cold and wet to go exploring.
We ate at Kings down the road and that was nice food, good portions and well cooked. Our favourite was El Ship which is across the track from the hotel (to the left and down a bit) The food was cheap, tasty and service was fab. The owner gave my daughter a bag of halloween sweets so she didn't feel left out which was a nice touch.
I'd go back at high season to Santa Susanna as it's lovely and in easy reach to Barcelona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Odissea Park Apartments are located almost in front of the fabulous beach resort of Santa Susanna. The apartments built in 2008 combines a modern style with all the amenities needed to enjoy an unforgettable holiday with your partner, family or friends. Enjoy both the beach and the mountain in summer unbeatable surroundings. Very close are bus and train stops as well as the main communication routes. The apartments are equipped with ceramic hob, fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster and all necessary cooking and eating. We emphasize a flat screen TV 26 ", PC with internet access, electronic door locks, safes, AC / heating, bathroom with shower and a spacious terrace. Wifi in all the accommodation. Parking for users of the apartments, service photocopying, fax, alarm clock, 24 hour reception, multilingual staff, laundry self-service, cots and extra beds are other services offered. Two lifts, one panoramic facilitate access to the apartments. On the first floor is an outdoor pool with jacuzzi, waterfall and water jets. Snack bar for a drink or eat something. Billiards. The ground floor is a large shopping mall with a supermarket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Odissea Park Apartaments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Odissea Park Apartaments Hotel Santa Susana
- Odissea Park Apartaments Santa Susana