Having a timeshare week to exchange again, and having enjoyed Tenerife enough last year, and still with plenty to see and do, we exchanged in to this place. We were a little wary as it is only classified as a Silver Crown resort, and we had been a bit disappointed with the previous year's Gold Crown, but reviews on both RCI and here on Tripadvisor seemed to indicate that it was good. Well they were right as in most aspects it is better than last year. It is near the airport yes, but not as much of a disturbance as you'd think. Parking at the nearby golf course car park is fine, a good 5 minute stroll. Check in was quick and easy, and no unexpected charges when we checked out. Our apartment was large, clean, airy and once the shutters were opened was very light. Ground floor apartments have a patio and small garden complete with full size barbecue and chimney, first floor ones appeared to have a roof terrace. Although we didn't use it the pool area was lovely and large. There is free wifi in reception. We used Cafe Mer three times, the sangria was the loveliest we've ever had, and the food is a god quality and portion size, with enough variety to satisfy three visits easily. We didn't use the pool bar/restaurant but it also provided a good choice of food, of a more British menu. To sum up, how this is Silver Crown compared to our previous year's resort baffles us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against rising hills amid the greens of the challenging Golf del Sur course, Royal Tenerife Country Club is a resort designed with relaxation in mind.The furnished accommodations boast sumptuous marble bathrooms and beautifully outfitted kitchens. Outside there are attractive, subtropical gardens, but the focal point of Royal Tenerife Country Club is its large and beautifully landscaped swimming pool.Out and about you will find that a relaxed atmosphere pervades, while the fish restaurants in the nearby village of Los Abrigos are simply too good to ignore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Tenerife Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Tenerife Country Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Royal Tenerife Country Club Spain