My wife and 2 boys (12 ad 11) stayed at Santa Barbara from the 29th Jan until 2nd Feb. The pool areas are very nice and clean, the staff very polite and a good room. On the downside, they want to charge for a safety deposit box. Why? They are drilled into the wall and doesnt cost them any money to run. why should people pay to protect their possessions? The charge for wi-fi is ridiculous. Per unit and not per room. We have 4 i phones and an i-pad. So guess where we went for drinks and food? To one of the many local restaurants and bars nearby that are very nice, pleasant and well priced with free wi-fi. So not only are customers outraged at the cost, they are eating and drinking elsewhere, so ultimately the hotel is losing out because of its greed. Give free wi fi and they will make money by selling more food and drink on site, You cant even receive it free in the reception. I dont buy it that their service provider is looking into it. I travel a lot and dont know of any hotels in this range of class that charge. Our room was very nice, albeit we had what I think was a sewage process plant right behind us (judging by the smell and the noise at certain times of the day) - we had villa 9. Room was clean, spacious and great view of the ocean. Nice tv's and a decent sized bed/bedroom. Kitchen well equipped and spotless. We would certainly go back again. Its well situated from a local square and also the marina. Hard rock well worth a visit too, as was the Dolphin trip on the Catamaran. We hired a car for GBP 50 for the day and drove up Tibe and got the cable car. Excellent day out. Why pay GBP 50 each to go on a coach? Staff at the hotel was pleasant. By the way, the pool is not heated and the spa tub near the poo didnt work and was also frezing cold. I would mark it overall as 7/10.
Robert from London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorish-inspired architecture and beautifully finished luxury accommodations, some overlooking the Atlantic, are just two of the features that make Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club one of the finest resorts in Southern Europe.Nestled on the sun-drenched southern coast of Tenerife, Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club boasts a truly superb range of facilities including swimming pools, landscaped gardens, shops and even its own gymnasium.A golfer's paradise, the fairways that host the prestigious Tenerife Open are just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Golf And Ocean Club
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Santa Barbara Hotel Ocean
- Santa Barbara Resort Ocean
- Santa Barbara Tenerife
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Tenerife, Spain