We have just returned from a great week at Santa Barbara. From the moment we arrived we were impressed. We had a quick and efficient check in, the receptionist noticed it was my partner's birthday during our stay and later that week we came into our room to find a bottle of cava with a happy birthday note (a great touch!). When we entered our room we found a spotless, modern kitchen with every utensil you can imagine even down to a food processor, Tupperware and a juicer! The apartment felt homely but with a good touch of luxury. The beds were extremely comfy with lots of pillows, sheets and a huge duvet! We also had a welcome pack with milk, jam, bread, butter, orange juice, cornflakes and another bottle of cava.
The rest of the accommodation definitely didn't let it down. The pool was lovely and clean if a little cold. The only thing was a slight lack of sunbeds but if you look hard enough you will find some hidden away on one of the many terraces. We ate lunch a few times around the pool and enjoyed the food each time. Happy hour from 4.30-5.30 was an added bonus. In addition, the gym was well equipped and the spa had a sauna and two whirlpools. There was also a terrace bar which had live music most nights from 7-9 and a view of the pools and sea. There was also entertainment each night but we didn't go to this. All the staff were helpful and welcoming at all times.
As for the resort, it was very quiet with little to do, however we found a different restaurant to eat at each night and always had a tasty meal (check out the trip advisor restaurants). There is not a beach but you can get to the sea down a rocky path, However it was too choppy to enter the sea. We hired a car during our stay and visited Siam Park, Loro Park and the volcano Teidi, all of which were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorish-inspired architecture and beautifully finished luxury accommodations, some overlooking the Atlantic, are just two of the features that make Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club one of the finest resorts in Southern Europe.Nestled on the sun-drenched southern coast of Tenerife, Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club boasts a truly superb range of facilities including swimming pools, landscaped gardens, shops and even its own gymnasium.A golfer's paradise, the fairways that host the prestigious Tenerife Open are just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Golf And Ocean Club
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Santa Barbara Hotel Ocean
- Santa Barbara Resort Ocean
- Santa Barbara Tenerife
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Tenerife, Spain