I travelled here in February with 2 friends for a few days of winter sun and we were so impressed.
The staff were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were happy.
The hotel was such good value for money and if you're planning on travelling here you will not be disappointed.
Huge, clean pool area with plenty of comfortable sun loungers. A shop on site which sold pretty much everything you might need and the restaurant was nice. You don't really need to leave the hotel.
If you do fancy venturing off, there isn't a great deal to do in the area, a couple if small bars and restaurants (I would NOT recommend the Mexican). There are bus links to take you to the busier resorts if you want a bit more in the way of nightlife, but we didn't feel the need and were more than happy to stay in the hotel.
The apartments are excellent. We stayed on the 5th floor (I think) and had an amazing sea view and an enormous balcony which had 2 sun loungers and a large table & chairs. We emailed the hotel in advance & asked for a sunny balcony with sea view, and they did exactly as we asked, so it's always worth getting in touch before you go.
Huge comfortable beds (all of the previous reviews are true, they really are that comfortable). TVs & docking stations in the bedroom & living room and absolutely everything you could possibly need in the kitchen.
There's a lovely sea view bar area which we visited a couple of times for cocktails in the evening or a coffee in the afternoon which is a really nice relaxed area. There is a large bar in the hotel for late drinks and music which was very quiet, but we were there in February so I would imagine it gets much busier in high season. The staff there were great!
We ate at the pool side bar every day and really enjoyed the food there. Plenty of choice on the menu and everything was tasty and good value for money.
Another plus point is the fact it's so close to the airport. Loads of taxis waiting to take you straight there for about 15 euros. We had hand luggage so we were in our hotel room within less than an hour of the plane landing at the airport. Perfect.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel and would love to go back again. Just take your own hairdryer!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorish-inspired architecture and beautifully finished luxury accommodations, some overlooking the Atlantic, are just two of the features that make Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club one of the finest resorts in Southern Europe.Nestled on the sun-drenched southern coast of Tenerife, Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club boasts a truly superb range of facilities including swimming pools, landscaped gardens, shops and even its own gymnasium.A golfer's paradise, the fairways that host the prestigious Tenerife Open are just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Golf And Ocean Club
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Santa Barbara Hotel Ocean
- Santa Barbara Resort Ocean
- Santa Barbara Tenerife
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Tenerife, Spain