On arrival at the hotel we were delighted with the reception area, hotel decor and friendliness of the Reception staff. Our appt was very spacious, with a large balcony, and well equipped. The first problem we had was with our rental car - I was asked to pay extra to use the hotel car park (not detailed as an extra), then had to manoeuvre my car through a tiny underground car park.
We raised concerns about an infestation of ants in the bathroom, that appeared to be spreading throughout the appt, yet nothing was done until the 4th day when my wife marched up to Reception, and sat our 11 month old baby on the desk to show the staff the ant bites he had suffered. Even though the Duty Manager argued that there wasn't a problem (!), we were given 20 mins notice to get out of the appt while they fumigated it. That sorted the problem so we did have 3 days ant-free.
The biggest problem I had was with money being stolen from my wallet that I'd left in the wardrobe. It was not locked in the safe (again charged extra, not detailed on itinerary), but given that we didn't have many valuables that we left in the room during the day, we didn't take the option - big mistake! I reported the cash stolen to the manager, who was apologetic, but quite defensive. I narrowed down the timescale to a few hours, so they could check the system for which housekeeping/janatorial keys were used during that time & reasolve the matter. I was promised a response within 24 hrs. No response was forthcoming, and the manager was "in a meeting" each time I asked for an update. The only update I got was that they were still investigating (when I checked out). Not best pleased.
My advise would be to avoid this hotel at all costs, but if you're unfortunate enough to have already booked, pay the extra for the safe and inventory-check your personal belongings every day...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorish-inspired architecture and beautifully finished luxury accommodations, some overlooking the Atlantic, are just two of the features that make Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club one of the finest resorts in Southern Europe.Nestled on the sun-drenched southern coast of Tenerife, Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club boasts a truly superb range of facilities including swimming pools, landscaped gardens, shops and even its own gymnasium.A golfer's paradise, the fairways that host the prestigious Tenerife Open are just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Golf And Ocean Club
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Santa Barbara Hotel Ocean
- Santa Barbara Resort Ocean
- Santa Barbara Tenerife
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Tenerife, Spain