“Now a Resident on the Golf del Sur” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golf del Sur

Golf del Sur
Urbanizacion Golf del Sur, Avenida Galvan Bello, 38639 San Miguel de Abona, Tenerife, Spain
34-922-738-170
Improve this listing
Type: Golf Courses
Attraction Details
Golf del Sur, Tenerife
“Now a Resident on the Golf del Sur”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

After holidaying for several years on the Golf del Sur, we decided to retire here permanently after selling up in the UK. As some reviews have stated, it is not for young party people. If you want to party head to places like Torviscus and Los Christianos. For the family who just want to charge the tired old (and young) batteries it is ideal. It is quiet but some areas do have aircraft noise, however you will be on the approach to the airport when the engines are feathered and quieter. Superb golf courses (I know I play on one of them nearly every day). Take a walk along the sea front and there is every conceivable type of cuisine. Carry on to San Blas (takes about ten minutes) and there are shops and restaurants and for me the best capuccino on the Golf half way up the hill next to the banks mmm!!. If you want to walk further but not all that much ,visit Los Abrigos a quaint little town and fishing harbour where there are some excellent seafood restaraunts serving fresh fish. Get a hire car and explore El Medano, again not far but well worth the trip. Head North out of the Golf up to San Miguel and then to Vilaflor and the pine forests of Teide where the roads are twisty but the views are breathtaking. Most of the local shops on the Golf sell UK and Spanish food and the local people are some of the most friendly you will meet (most speak english) Mercadona and Hyperdino are the local supermarkets along with the Netto stores and lots of smaller shops.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Lot of good points but not for us...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

We normally stay in the Adeje area but this opted this time to stay in Golf Del Sur (w/c 29th Feb 07). We stayed at the Sunningdale Village Resort and that had everything you expect from a decent timeshare resort (including a mediocre restaurant but that was the only negative). There was building work going on everywhere (9 massive cranes within striking distance). Add to this the fact that you are on the landing path for the airport, it doesn't bode well for a peaceful holiday. The area is so much quieter than those down the coast - the lack of people on the seafront paths in comparison to the 'dodging' needed on the walk between Los Christianos and Las Americas is a nice change but for us it was too quiet. It lacked interest and atmosphere. Perhaps it was the time of year but it was a bit ghost townish. It's also a lot windier than around the bay at Los Christianos.

In short, it has good amenities and much to offer but it's noisy, has a lot of building work and it wasn't for us.

Restaurant recommendation: Try the The "Marina" just down from the Santa Barbara (almost opposite the Wild Geese Irish Bar) for well priced, good quality, simple food. We ate there 4 nights out of seven because the food was excellent.

Lancashire
“Relaxing & Perfect holiday destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

I have visited the resort 3 times now. Once in November and twice in August.

The weather has been faultless on all occasions, though we were there during the August heatwave in 2007 when it was 40 degrees plus! Only lasted for 2 days or so so not too bad!

My partner and I love the resort. There are lots of lovely restaurants to choose from. We tried to eat somewhere different each night, as there is plenty of choice. My particular favourites are Tasca Maco's, P'at a Dor, Gullivers. The Lobster Pot and the Indian located on the steps up to the top square. All lovely food.

Most restaurants are in and around the 2 squares where most of the bars are located too. Though there are some lovely restaurants down the coast road (10-15 mins walk). This is a gorgeous walk which winds all around the edge of the coast. The views are fantastic, and more often than not there is a nice wind.

The resort of Los Obrigos is also only 10 minutes walk, though the walk is along a rocky beach. I think before long there will be a proper path in place. The restaurants here are lovely too. Lots of fresh fish.

We stay at Sunset View which is perfectly located and everyone is extremely friendly.

We will be going again in 18 months time as we find it the perfect place to relax and get away from work.

Only 5 mins drive from the airport is also a major plus in my opinion. The planes are good to watch and you get used to it very quickly.

We often get the bus to Las Americas / Los Cristianos too which is 15 mins away at most.

I would reccomend the resort to anyone looking for a relaxing break and plenty of sun!

derbyshire
“Golf del sur”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

Golf del sur is a quiet place, not really suitable for families there isnt a lot there, not even a beach, I stayed there last december and found it hard to get a bus to other places especially at night as buses stop running after 7 15, I would recommend a car to hire if you stay there.

uk
“Noise or joys ?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

If you like it quiet (socially) it`s great, very clean & tidy - bit like the Trueman show. I`ve been there 9 times,but be aware of the noise from the low flying aircraft is very loud indeed. It doesn`t bother me but I would understand that it puts some people off. It`s also handy to note that the place is over run with brits who live there, not necessarily a holiday resort. I LOVE IT.