We arrived at the Sandos San Blas late at night & were greeted by Reception. Our check in was quick & easy & our porter led us to a lovely sea view room. It really as you see in the brochures. A large, spacious, clean and modern room with comfortable firm beds & flat screen TV. Two glass walls in the bathroom (which can be screened off), whirlpool bath, separate shower, couple sinks and a separate toilet compartment. If you ask for a kettle and cups - you can make tea and coffee in your room (we did ask for this, as we found this surprisingly lacking). The dining room is large and well lit as well as very clean. Wonderful food in copious amounts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are Adults only areas, which we used as often as there was space, as there were a lot of under 5's there when we were there.... The staff are wonderful without exception throughout the hotel. We stayed in room 502 and had the best maid to clean our room that we have had anywhere in the world. She was scrupulously clean and very, very thorough each and every day. Fantastic!
Well worth a mention is the Nature Park beside the hotel. The chap that runs the walk is knowledgeable, friendly, professional and has a marvellous command of English. It only costs 7.50 Euros each and you will have one of the best mornings you have had anywhere! Cannot recommend this trip enough to you. Book it at Reception before you book any of the Holiday Rep's tours. It's brilliant.
Sadly, the animation team were haphazard, unorganised and unprofessional. They consistently arranged e.g. boules/volleyball/rifle shooting/table tennis at the same time in the afternoon - so you could only go to one thing each afternoon - which was bad. Also, if it started at 3pm, you could expect the Animation Team Member to arrive at least 10 and probably 15 minutes late! The Animation Team Manager was interested in his Pilates classes (which 3 - 5 people attended) and the once a week "Evening Show". He seldom was seen checking on his team members at any other event during the day. Bear in mind - we had two weeks to form the above opinion. Take plenty of books and be prepared to fill your days some other way.
The hotel is on the flight path to the airport. Planes woke us up most mornings around 0604 - 0610 and zoomed in and out of the airport most days. That aside, the hotel is so good, we think it's worth putting up with the noise pollution and will return to the hotel again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf offers All Inclusive vacations in a beautiful nature reserve setting, next to two golf courses and boasting fantastic ocean views. The property features a total of eight pools, a gym and a spacious terrace with loungers and umbrellas, along with two pool bars. You'll even find heated pools and separate kids pools, in addition to aqua aerobics, a spa tub and a sauna. The hotel's spa( extra charge) offers relaxing massages and treatments, plus a steam room( extra charge). The spacious guestrooms have a bathroom that can be opened to the room with a glass wall, or separated by wood panels for added privacy. The bathrooms come with a hydromassage tub, separate shower, makeup mirror and hairdryer. Every guestroom is soundproof and offers satellite TV, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioning, safe and a balcony or terrace, along with a phone and free WiFi. The reception area is open 24 hours a day, where you'll find a safe, currency exchange and an elevator. The resort also features a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a few shops, a hair salon, a nightclub, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activity programs are organized for kids and adults alike. You can also enjoy tennis (extra charge), ping pong, beach volleyball, golf (extra charge), biking, mountain biking and aerobics classes. You'll find two golf courses about a mile from the hotel, and you can also work out at the gym or enjoy rowing on the property's charming lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain