We stayed here in Sept 2011 for a week and had a room overlooking the lake. We had such a great time we decided to go back for a second time 18th Dec 2012 for a week.
I emailed Senor Gil (hotel manager) a couple of weeks before to request the same room and on check in was so pleased they had honoured my request. Thank you for actioning my request.
It was great to arrive at check in and see a familiar face of Mini and at various bars Angel, Daniel etc etc....and to new staff Saskia reception and Angy entertainment staff and Vicky in the restaurant, who knew we wanted to be sat in Gomera every meal time. All the staff are kind helpful and very courteous even when English is not their first language. This has made us seriously want to learn Spanish so we can try and hold a conversation with the staff on our next trip...
Our room was midway from the restaurant and reception and the walk was lovely especially after eating all the great food in the restaurant.
We had prebooked La Proa for 22nd Dec and was a nice change from the Buffett and thoroughly enjoyed.
On our first trip we did the Sandos Environmental Tour and at a cost of €7.50 is well worth a morning learning all about the nature resort and it's history. You are walking on uneven ground so sensible foot wear and a bottle of water a must...
This trip we decided to get the free shuttle at 10am in Playa Des La Americas to have a look around the shops, and see how much it had changed since 1991!! Oh my goodness it's changed loads lol.. However we decided to get a taxi back as the bus collected at 5pm and we'd seen enough by 1.30pm and that cost €20 inc tip.. Well worth it.
Xmas eve saw Santa arrive on a Harley davidson great fun for all the kids.
We enjoyed our second stay as much as our first we are already looking at booking for Dec this yr. however we may go a little earlier as from 22nd dec the hotel did get busier and we loved it when it was quieter in the restaurants pool and bars..
Thank you once again for a great relaxing week in your fabulous hotel we will be back this yr for sure possibly twice if I can convince the husband!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf offers All Inclusive vacations in a beautiful nature reserve setting, next to two golf courses and boasting fantastic ocean views. The property features a total of eight pools, a gym and a spacious terrace with loungers and umbrellas, along with two pool bars. You'll even find heated pools and separate kids pools, in addition to aqua aerobics, a spa tub and a sauna. The hotel's spa( extra charge) offers relaxing massages and treatments, plus a steam room( extra charge). The spacious guestrooms have a bathroom that can be opened to the room with a glass wall, or separated by wood panels for added privacy. The bathrooms come with a hydromassage tub, separate shower, makeup mirror and hairdryer. Every guestroom is soundproof and offers satellite TV, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioning, safe and a balcony or terrace, along with a phone and free WiFi. The reception area is open 24 hours a day, where you'll find a safe, currency exchange and an elevator. The resort also features a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a few shops, a hair salon, a nightclub, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activity programs are organized for kids and adults alike. You can also enjoy tennis (extra charge), ping pong, beach volleyball, golf (extra charge), biking, mountain biking and aerobics classes. You'll find two golf courses about a mile from the hotel, and you can also work out at the gym or enjoy rowing on the property's charming lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain