We have just returned after a week from the 21st till 27th Nov for my 50th birthday at the San Blas Sandos, the place is unusual in design and beautifully laid out. The staff were very efficient and helpful; we found the odd 5 euros tip was well received, on my birthday there was a beautiful cake waiting for me when I returned to our room. All previous reviews went on about children in the adult swimming and eating areas we never witnessed this, may be due to the time of year and we found the older cliental were the towel on a sunbed culprits. Yes you will always find a few niggles ours was the serving of lager in a wine glass in the hotel reception bar and the entertainment was not very good except the Beatles evening which was okay, otherwise this hotel suited us for a holiday. If you want quiet during the day there were plenty areas to get away from the crowd, if you like action stay around the pool.
Here are a few a tips which i thought may help.
* The mini bar was empty but there is a supermarket in San Blas which sells lager & spirits at really good prices so we stocked up ourselves.
* There is no kettle in the room but ask reception one was delivered immediately with coffee and tea provided.
* There were snacks available throughout the day from 3 till 6 in the restaurant, in the evening around 10.30 till 11.00 there are canapés and sandwiches provided in the reception bar.
* In San Blas on the road directly over looking Sandos San Blas we can highly recommend the Oriental Garden this is a Chinese eat as much as want buffet which is cooked in front of you and is 7.95 euros we went there twice during our stay.
* if you like markets there is a small one on a Friday morning in San Blas it is over the bridge overlooking the harbour if you walk past the Vicci which is the large white hotel to the right of Sandos there is a lovely walk past hotels and villas to the harbour, it takes around 15 minutes walking. On a Sunday morning we caught a taxi 21 euros each way to Los Christiano’s this market is much bigger with a lot of haggling to be done both markets are open from 9 till 2.
* The spa where I had the aroma massage for an hour I would highly recommended felt totally relaxed after, we met up with a fab couple from London and the four of us booked the water circuit for 10 euros which was great fun and we all enjoyed the experience which consisted of hot and cold treatments such as going in the sauna then rubbing ice pieces all over ourselves a very hot shower then going into a shower cubical and pulling a cord which pulled a bucket of cold water onto yourself. This proceeded you onto the Jacuzzi’s which had very powerful jets we felt it was money well spent.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach of a beautiful nature reserve, this unique hotel provides a wide range of activities based around nature and tradition as well as boasting luxurious facilities and sleek design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.