We are not normally creatures of habit, we are not in the employ of Sandos but we are quite fussy and do consider overall value for money when choosing our holiday hotels. For many reasons we are very happy to say that the San Blas offers one of the best holiday experiences possible for the holiday-maker who appreciates good service, good food, a very warm welcome and OUTSTANDING value for money. Gourmet experiences cost a great deal of money and to expect such from a hotel like the San Blas for the rates charged is ludicrous. Everone will have opinions but we believe the average ratings for the hotel reflect the views of those we spoke to during our last visit.
Most of the staff at the hotel deserve a special mention. It is always nice to be welcomed back by managers and staff at all levels and to be greeted and served with a smile. We never felt anything was too much trouble and anything we needed or requested was attended to promptly. There is an array of food to satisfy the vast majority of guests - two or three types of fish, various grilled meats, vegetarian choices, an excellent salad bar, a fresh pasta corner, fresh fruit etc etc...and a suite/cheese selection just to add further calories.
The design of the hotel is a bit quirky...but I don't like staying in a concrete column while on holiday. The rooms are superb and maid service is excellent.
The visiting entertainment shows are mixed but the hotel's animation team led by Jose Delgado are great fun and encourage, (but not too forcibly), guests to join in the wealth of activities on offer. My 26 year-old daughter accompanied us on this trip and she enjoyed everything from salsa and belly-dancing to pilates and aquagym. We could have enjoyed many more activities such as football, tennis, table-tennis, shooting, rock-wall climbing etc etc etc
So, if you want a very comfortable stay in a well-run hotel, the San Blas fits the bill. We shall return next year - once we have shed the pounds gained during this visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf offers All Inclusive vacations in a beautiful nature reserve setting, next to two golf courses and boasting fantastic ocean views. The property features a total of eight pools, a gym and a spacious terrace with loungers and umbrellas, along with two pool bars. You'll even find heated pools and separate kids pools, in addition to aqua aerobics, a spa tub and a sauna. The hotel's spa( extra charge) offers relaxing massages and treatments, plus a steam room( extra charge). The spacious guestrooms have a bathroom that can be opened to the room with a glass wall, or separated by wood panels for added privacy. The bathrooms come with a hydromassage tub, separate shower, makeup mirror and hairdryer. Every guestroom is soundproof and offers satellite TV, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioning, safe and a balcony or terrace, along with a phone and free WiFi. The reception area is open 24 hours a day, where you'll find a safe, currency exchange and an elevator. The resort also features a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a few shops, a hair salon, a nightclub, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activity programs are organized for kids and adults alike. You can also enjoy tennis (extra charge), ping pong, beach volleyball, golf (extra charge), biking, mountain biking and aerobics classes. You'll find two golf courses about a mile from the hotel, and you can also work out at the gym or enjoy rowing on the property's charming lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain