Bitterly disappointed by our experiences during our stay at the Gloria Palace Royal. Very overrated and nowhere near deserving four stars.
The location of the hotel is fairly good with Amadores Beach a few hundreds of yards away but be prepared to be consistently walking uphill in 30 degree heat.
The main area of Puerto Rico is only a matter of km away and a single bus fare will cost you €1.40
The biggest disappointment for us was the lack of service in the restaurant on bars. On numerous occasions we waited over 30 minutes for someone to take an order. All in all they appeared very understaffed during food service and many of those that were working quite clearly didn't want to be! Poor attitudes all round.
On one particular occasion we left our table after our main meal to select dessert at the buffet only to discover when we returned that they had cleared our drinks and seated another couple at our table.
Service barely acceptable for a three star hotel never mind a four star.
The select of food on offer during meal times is very repetitive and after a number of days the cycle comes back round again. Just be prepared if you like your steak well done because on many occasions I have been served steak with blood running out despite stating I wanted it well done.
On one occasions my wife was served raw chicken on a skewer. It was no were near cooked and the waiter just apologised and binned it. No one from the management side of things approached us to apologise.
The room we had was fairly spacious with its own balcony, tea making facilities and a mini fridge. The room was comfortable and the cleaning staff could not be faulted in any way but on one day we were with electricity and water periodically. When the water was restored it was brown and horrible smelling for a few days.
The entertainment and 'activity centre' is nothing short of a joke. Every night a show begins at 10pm and lasts only 45 minutes with the large majority of them being poor quality. Many of the surrounding hotels have better entertainment that lasts to midnight.
One particular issue we had was the fact we had requested a double bed, as this was our honeymoon, only to be presented with a twin room. When we complained their solution was to push the beds together and fit a double sheet.
It took six days to get a double mattress!
We travelled with Thomas Cook and found our rep no existent. We continually checked times he would be available from using the information folder provided but he never showed up and in our two weeks we never seen him bar our introduction on the first day.
Beautiful looking hotel set into the mountainside overlooking the beaches but it is badly let down by staff.
The Gloria Palace Amadores is the superior hotel if you have to chose between the two but I would recommend you avoid this place at all cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200 meters from Playa de Amadores, on the Costa de Mogan, the Gloria Palace Hotel Royal & Spa is a four-star superior establishment built in 2008 with natural stone, privileged views over Amadores beach, spectacular never-ending pool, exclusive rooms and executive suites. Its dedicated service, luxurious surroundings and breathtaking views makes it the most prestigious hotel in the area. Our goal is to provide our customers with a place to enjoy a calm, relaxing, caring and personalized service from our team of professionals. The extensive facilities are designed and decorated with exquisite taste, to convey a feeling of exclusivity and luxury to enjoy the deserved vacations. A hotel for all, from romantic getaways to business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel And Spa
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel Puerto Rico
- Dunas Amadores
- Hotel Dunas Amadores
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria