We went here for a week in October and whilst the weather wasn't brilliant, the hotel more than made up for it.
- great location, 45 minute transfer from airport, set in the cliffs of a man-made harbour with lovely views of the beach and the feeling of privacy by virtue of the elevated location, but not too far to walk down to the beach.
- staff were excellent; all of them. Friendly, helpful, attentive without being all over you; a real highlight of the holiday
- all rooms had a sea-view and we were lucky to be in block 2; only a 2 minute walk to all the action, but far enough to be quiet and not overlooking anything other than the bay - bliss
- rooms were clean, well equipped, air conditioned, TV (with UK channels), small kitchenette and a good bathroom.
- cleaning service was good - every day
- food was good, not great, but what you would expect for a four star. A decent variety and plenty of fresh fruit and salad. The grill was a little disappointing as there wasn't really an exciting variety; it tended to be the same most days - still, we enjoyed every meal. One night they had live music and candle light, which was lovely and it would have been nice if this was done more often.
- entertainment was okay, particularly as it was October. We thought it was quiet (main hall would empty shortly after 11) but there was still a decent variety of acts. There were 320 guests in the hotel (it takes jut over 500) but to be honest it never felt busy.
- pools were great, although the usual towel reservation problem around the infinity pool. To be honest, we always went to the roof pool and terrace, which has a good bar and lovely views of the bay.
- when it rained, we went into the spa which was lovely. Jacuzzis, steam room, sauna, hot/cold showers, lots of relaxing 'water jet' chairs in a small pool
- all inclusive drinks were fine, even the wine, so no complaints there and there were plenty of snacks available, which were decent quality, not just the obligatory ham and cheese toasties!
We will definitely go back again!!
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel And Spa
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel Puerto Rico
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel
- Dunas Amadores
- Hotel Dunas Amadores
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200 meters from Playa de Amadores, on the Costa de Mogan, the Gloria Palace Hotel Royal & Spa is a four-star superior establishment built in 2008 with natural stone, privileged views over Amadores beach, spectacular never-ending pool, exclusive rooms and executive suites. Its dedicated service, luxurious surroundings and breathtaking views makes it the most prestigious hotel in the area. Our goal is to provide our customers with a place to enjoy a calm, relaxing, caring and personalized service from our team of professionals. The extensive facilities are designed and decorated with exquisite taste, to convey a feeling of exclusivity and luxury to enjoy the deserved vacations. A hotel for all, from romantic getaways to business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.