My husband and I have recently returned from our holiday at the Gloria Palace Royal and had a fantastic holiday. We wanted a relaxing holiday with guaranteed sunshine, somewhere that was away from the main town but not isolated and that's what we got. The hotel was beautiful, the staff excellent and the facilities were great too.
The hotel is very impressive, set high on the cliff with stunning views. It's in a great location in its own bay away from tacky puerto rico town, but only a close taxi ride away should you wish to venture there (we went once and it was good for a laugh one night but with the hotel being so nice and the fact we wanted a relaxing break, we didn't go back). You can walk but we heard this was a 30 minute walk minimum, so being lazy opted for taxt instead (3/4 euros one way and taxi rank is at foot of hotel and there are always loads there waiting).
Our room, which was sea view, was very large and modern with a lovely bathroom with a huge shower. Much nicer than the usual 70's style you so often tend to get in Europe. Balcony was huge with fanatic view.
Food in the main restaurant was excellent- good choice of European foods including fresh fish, sea food and steak which they cook in front of you to your liking. Those wanting things like curry etc won't find it here though. You can go to the outside terrace a la carte restaurant which you have to pay for separately, and you get 25% off your bill for being a hotel resident. We planned to go but the food was so nice in main restaurant we saw no need. Men have to wear trousers of an evening which appears to be a bone of contention for some, but I think it's good they are trying to keep the place smart and keep standards high.
Yes the sun beds by infinity pool get taken quickly but it's so popular there people surely can't be surprised by this (pool is stunning, view is stunning- totally worth it). Either get up early and claim your seats or just go up a level to the terrace where the other pool is and there are plenty of beds there. It's quieter there away from the music and animacion activities but its still very nice and there's another cafe bar there too. Failing that go to level 6 to the naturist level if you dare......
The animacion activities are excellent each day- things like acqua gym, ping pong and pool each day, run by a great team of young people. Luke, Adam, Didier, Gino and Ana amongst others really did a fantastic job and made it a very fun atmosphere, getting everyone involved and it's a nice way to meet people.
The spa is good- you can use the sauna and steam room and the very hot pool there free. Treatments are quite pricey.
Entertainment in the hotel seems to be mostly aimed at the older generation, but it's still nice to enjoy a drink at the bar. On Amadores beach, there are also a couple of bars where you can go for a drink, as well as Beach Club Amadores- a very Ibiza type restaurant and bar on the front which serves champagne and excellent cocktails. Not the cheapest, but similar prices to the hotel (7 euros a cocktail). If you are facing the beach from the hotel it's on the right, jutting out into the water and looks like a hut.
This was one of the best hotels we have been to in Europe and we would definitely go back for a relaxing break in the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200 meters from Playa de Amadores, on the Costa de Mogan, the Gloria Palace Hotel Royal & Spa is a four-star superior establishment built in 2008 with natural stone, privileged views over Amadores beach, spectacular never-ending pool, exclusive rooms and executive suites. Its dedicated service, luxurious surroundings and breathtaking views makes it the most prestigious hotel in the area. Our goal is to provide our customers with a place to enjoy a calm, relaxing, caring and personalized service from our team of professionals. The extensive facilities are designed and decorated with exquisite taste, to convey a feeling of exclusivity and luxury to enjoy the deserved vacations. A hotel for all, from romantic getaways to business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel And Spa
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel Puerto Rico
- Dunas Amadores
- Hotel Dunas Amadores
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria