We actually holidayed in July 2012 and found the place pretty clean.
The rooms were tidy, maids in every other day and the pool area and restaurant also pretty clean.
The food - very samey. We were there for 2 weeks and the entire menu was rotated back at the end of the week to week 1. It was passable, but that's about it. But I'm not complaining really, you get what you pay for and it was excellent value for a family of six for 2 weeks.
You can tell the class of some folks with an all inclusive. Some think its their god given right to gorge themselves on as much alcohol as possible to the point of it being obscene but generally, most folks paced themselves, plenty of juice and ice cream for the kids which is the most important bit.
Now the entertainment.......... I remember Butlins in Ayr as a very young kid and this brought back memories. Every day at 2 pm and 8pm all you got through the PA was. "It's Bingo tiiiiiime!" Which had folks rushing for their dabbers. It was most off putting for me. In fact I hated it. The staff went to a bit of trouble getting the entertainment in each night and even though it wasn't my thing it was enjoyed by most folks.
To sum up, it was a home from home. I don't want bingo on holiday. I don't want killer pool. If I want that I'll go to Blackpool. All that was missing was the knobbly knees.
But for a budget price, clean facilities and lovely pool, I'd be willing to overlook the negatives and would go back again if I was looking for a cheap holiday.
A couple of look out fors...........
1. If you go to the Thomas Cook welcome meeting, don't purchase the very expensive sun creams and aloe Vera soothing gel from the folks they bring in. It cost us €170 to buy 4 bottles. We didn't know the price til we had it. So a wee lesson in gullible ness for me!
2. Don't feel pressured at the above meeting to be persuaded to go to the Anfi hotel as a guest for the day. Bring your towels they say, spend the time on our exclusive beach and feel part of an experience...... That was an experience that almost cost us £20,000 over 7 years to buy a timeshare.
More to do with the agent than the hotel, but if you go to the Altamadores you will come across these folks so just say no and enjoy your time in the facility.
- Also Known As:
- Altamadores Apartamentos Hotel
- Altamadores Apartamentos Puerto Rico
- Altamadores Apartamentos Hotel Puerto Rico
- Altamadores Apartamentos Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Altamadores Apartamentos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.