“Family holiday June 2012” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morasol Suites

Save Saved
You added Morasol Suites to your Saves list
Morasol Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Juan Diaz Rodriguez 12, 35150 Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #8 of 69 hotels in Puerto Rico
South Shields, United Kingdom
“Family holiday June 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Me my partner and his family came hear last june. it was mine and my partners first time in the Morasol however his family had been to to puerto rico many times before, they have stay in all the mid-higher end accom in the area and said they would now never go anywhere else.
The staff are lovely, they say hello and ask how you are whenever you see them but they never hassle you you with pointless banter.
The hotel was spotless everywhere from rooms to public toilets.
We loved it so much we have booked to go again this June and we can't wait.

Room Tip: If you have been before email hotel let them no and if there's better rooms available they will...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in June 2010 on our honeymoon. We felt welcomed as soon as we arrived. The hotel had a bottle of wine waiting in our room, which was just by the pool on ground level, room 220 (I think!) It had small living area, kitchen, table/chairs, with everything you could want. After settling in we went a stroll around the marina/beach-a stones throw away, Puerto Rico is lovely, quiet, I suppose its what you make it. There's some shops just through a tunnel and up a hill(5mins walk) from hotel. On returning to hotel we had some lovely cocktails at bar, when we mentioned we were on honeymoon, the barman, Marco(and I think management at time?) opened the champagne, free of charge!)
We were half board and ate every evening in hotel, not one complaint about food and restaurant was never crowded. There were 2 waiters we remember fondly, Ceaser/Pierre and Cundi/Manuel?? Along with Marco, these two made our whole stay. They took time to get to know us, joke with us, always asking after our daughter back home. On our last evening I was extremely sunburnt and Cundi went out back and cut me off a branch from an aloe vera plant! They went extra mile and we were genuinely sad to say goodbye!(we hope they're still there!!?)
Anyway, our room was spotless, cleaned everyday. Always got a lounger by the pool with no need to reserve. The rooftop and Jacuzzi were great!
We will definitely be back to this hotel, no doubt in my mind, we have a 1year old now and really don't fancy the 4hour flight just yet!!
Couldn't recommend enough!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Wicklow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My hubby and I stayed for a week end of April. It was our first time in Puerto Rico, we normally do Lanzarote. We were not disappointed.The location is fantastic - our room 102 had a view of the marina and was everything it said it would be. Modern and clean.The pool area and sun terrace was fantastic. The hotel itself is spotless.From the minute we arrived to leaving, the sfaff were fantastic.
As we were in Morasol suites off season - the hotel was very quiet.

Room Tip: Room 121 by the pool Room 102 may be quieter during the day
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My parents took my 11year old child on holiday to the Morasol suites.I can't thank the staff enough for how well they looked after my daughter Kaitlyn and my parents Mavis and Frank. The accommodation was very clean and centrally located and all three would have no problem recommending this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at the Morasol Suites for 1 week at the beginning of April for the first time. We have been to Puerto Rico on 4 other occassions but never stayed at this hotel and it was fantastic. The staff are so friendly, most professional and couldn't be more helpful. We were so well looked after, I loved it.

Room Tip: Request a room on the highest available floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Another lovely break in Morasol. I'd emailed before we arrived to ask for a particular room, and got it. ( I'd asked for the wrong one, but it was grand) The sofa and curtains could maybe do with being renewed, but this is a minor thing, as the hotel is spotlessly clean.
The staff are fantastic, as has been said before, and I must thank Stefan at reception for my " palabra del dia" , Spanish word of the day.
There is entertainment in the hotel during dinner, which we only had once, but it was very good. Singers, flamenco and samba dancers, and an illusionist, if I remember correctly. Lovely snacks in the pool bar, and very reasonably priced, as were the splendid cocktails prepared by John and Todd Oliver. This is easily our favourite accommodation in Puerto Rico, and we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our return visit, and every bit as good as the last one, although we must say the mattresses where a lot harder than we remember! but no big deal Morasol remains a restful place to stay, we had a lovely room with an extra bedroom overlooking the harbour on the 3rd floor with easy access to the solarium.
You cannot fault the location, near some lovely restaurants, bars and supermarkets and an easy walk to the beach and Europa centre.
Had amazing weather over the Easter week that we stayed. Would we come back next year? We may look at other resorts, but probably 'yes' it has all we require for a tranquil and relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd Floors overlooking harbour
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Morasol Suites? Share your experiences!