This was not our first trip to this hotel, our previous 2 visits have been lovely and reported upon on here. We travelled with Sovereign (brilliant yet again) and arrived at the hotel having booked a twin room with a sea view.
After our private transfer from the airport we checked in and were shown to our 'double room' which had a lovely view of a brick wall. We could have enjoyed a jacuzzi but only with the curtains closed because everyone round the pool would have had a view straight into the room! Needless to say we didn't even bother unpacking and returned straight to reception.
We were told that there were no other rooms available until Saturday (this being Thursday) and that we would have to make the most of it until then.
I phoned our Sovereign rep. and explained the situation to her and she immediately phoned the hotel. We were party to a conversation between her and a man on reception, we couldn't hear what she was saying but the man told her he had the perfect solution and would send us to the Gloria Palace Royal, a mile further out of Puerto Rico. At no time were we asked if this suited us.
Whilst the man was talking to our rep I shouted across to him that his 'solution' was not acceptable to us. We were staying b & b and like to walk into Puerto Rico to eat every night. Walking from the gloria Palace Royal into Puerto Rico was not an option for us and we were not prepared to pay for a taxi every night.
Eventually we were offered a different room with twin beds but no sea view. We went to look at it and it was quite small, no bath, just a shower which was filthy, and situated such that if you opened your curtains in the morning everyone in the hotel reception and surrounding area looked straight into the room. We guessed that this was probably a room used by staff or a broom closet but there being no alternative we were forced to accept it with a promise of a move to a better room on Saturday, we did insist that the shower was given a thorough clean before accepting the room. At no time did anyone from the hotel apologise to us for this situation. We were duly moved on Saturday to a room with twin beds and a lovely sea view.
Our Sovereign rep. came to the hotel on the Sunday, by mutaul arrangement, and took our complaint. We have been promised a refund for the 2 nights we had to spend in the broom closet. I understand that this money will be recovered from the hotel by Sovereign. The rep. asked if there was anything the hotel could do by way of apology and we suggested something to her which she thought would be appropriate, but at no time were we offered anything by the hotel.
We shall not be returning here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the beaches of Puerto Rico and Amadores, Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel is built on a cliff top and integrated into the landscape, providing spectacular views over the ocean from all parts of the hotel. Built in 2004, the hotel boasts one of Europe’s best equipped thalassotherapy centres. In just a few years, the elegant surroundings and top class, friendly service have made it one of the most popular hotels on the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso And Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Mogan
- Hotel Gloria Palace Amadores
- Amadores Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace Puerto Rico