We stayed at the Vistamar for two weeks from 21st Nov - 5th Dec. in room 271. Although we had a fairly nice view over Amadores beach it would be better from a higher floor. The rooms are ok but would benefit from a refurbishment.
The staff at the hotel are wonderful. A special thanks to those who look after our room. The whole hotel is spotless..
We found the food to be tasty but very often only just warm. It would be great if only it was hot.
We did complain about the baked beans etc at breakfast and the vegetables in the evening as they were cold. Staff were apologetic and promised to put it right but it never happened.
We were on the second sitting for dinner8.30pm. The first table we were given for the two weeks was in the middle of a long row and was very canteen like. Crammed together and very uncomfortable. We asked to be moved to a table near the window and we were given a table which was much better.
There are plenty of sun beds around. The outside bar is great.
The entertainment is good for a few nights but because the bar is in the same room it is very very noisy and we struggled to hear.
Feel need to mention the hotel is at the top of the hill and although a great bus service down to the beach and back, if you want to walk out of the hotel to go to the shopping centre you have to climb a steep hill. Not ideal if you have any health problem.
Please do read this and think this hotel is bad because it really isn't these are just a few things that if they were put right would make it fantastic.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Vistamar Puerto Rico
- Riu Vistamar
- Club Hotel Riu Vistamar
- Clubhotel Riu Vistamar Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Vistamar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Set on a cliff overlooking the sea * 9-story building * 900 m to the beach * Complimentary bus service to the beach * 2 km from Puerto Rico * 900 m from various shops * 45 km from the airport * 100 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Vistamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.