Spent 16 nights at this hotel in May. We were allocated a room at the very end of the 4th floor and had a good view of Amadores Beach so think almost all rooms would have a sea view of some kind. Room clean and spacious with free safe. Comfortable beds but poor quality shower over bath and hairdryer took ages (if you have thick hair).
Allocated a table for evening meal for duration of holiday (no hassle at night time as sometimes is the case)(2 sittings). Very good choice of food for all meals - something for everyone.
Sun beds at pool area are very close together so we went to the solarium area where it was not so congested and had better beds. Only drawback - it was further to walk to the pool bar for a drink. For this time of year the average temperature was around 25 degrees and some days were very windy.
The entertainment/bar area was not in the least bit inviting - very dark and resembled a theatre, with tables and chairs in rows. So for example if you were in a group of six sitting in a row - no.1 could not hold a conversation with no.6 We sat out some evenings but it got very windy and the only other area to sit inside was at the reception area.
The entertainment team did put a lot of work into their shows, so well done to them and on a couple of nights there was other guest entertainers (jugglers) who put on a great show.
Karaoke nights were a waste of time.
Service at bars very good, especially Enrique at the small bar (a Jack Duckworth lookalike).
As expected, with the hotel built at the top of a cliff, the area is very steep and the courtesy bus was always busy as were taxis. The 'Grand old Duke of York' comes to mind - when you were up you were up and when you were down you were down. When you are up, head to Amadores and from there find the steps (700) which take you down to Puerto Rico or when you are down at the beach, take the coastal path for a stroll to Puerto Rico (15 minutes).
We missed having gardens to walk round, other than that we had a lovely holiday all helped by the friendly and helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Set on a cliff overlooking the sea * 9-story building * 900 m to the beach * Complimentary bus service to the beach * 2 km from Puerto Rico * 900 m from various shops * 45 km from the airport * 100 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Vistamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- ClubHotel Riu Vistamar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Club Hotel Riu Vistamar
- Clubhotel Riu Vistamar Hotel