“fishing swordfish” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“fishing swordfish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

been fishing ,for six hour so fishing rod was moving so we catch fish but swordfish didnt close his mouth by hook , so we miss it and guy show me real fish by other fishing man in port so brillant people so kind and worth day trip there

Dublin, Ireland
“beware not to fish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

was left waiting for over an hour to be told there was no evening charter an was giving a lame excuse witch was a lie .... turned out better for me and my son went fishing out of mogan next day and caught a 170 kg blue marlin

Visited July 2013
“Terrible customer service, total con!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

After reading the only other review, I'm glad that we didn't get on our trip with Blue Marlin. We had booked it through the reception at our hotel. They wanted to charge €60 euros for my other half and €50 euros for me, if I wasn't to be "fishing". So we booked at €60 each to both "fish" and paid a deposit. We were booked for a Monday afternoon (3-8pm), so had to organise our day around this (including a large lunch because the food on board would consist of sandwiches). They were meant to pick us up at 2:45pm. We waited and then asked our hotel receptionist to look into it. She said that it had been booked for the next day. No, it wasn't, in fact the receipt also said the Monday. So, we raced down to the harbour in a taxi, to see if we could still get on a boat that day. No other boats were going out and Blue Marlin had already left. We spoke to the Blue Marlin guy at the harbour and confirmed that we would keep our booking for the next day and that he would have us picked up at 2:30. A bit irritating, but we were looking forward to it, so we went away happy. The next day, we waited until 2:45pm and our receptionist called them again to see where they were. The phone conversation was one massive argument. They had said she had cancelled the booking the day before and that no one had gone down to the harbour. Again, we got in a taxi and raced down to the harbour. There were other boat people who recognised me from the day before and then we found the Blue Marlin guy, who said that it wasn't his problem. Needless to say, when the Blue Marlin 'receptionist' came in with the boat, we ended up in a full blown argument as they kept trying to blame our hotel staff. By this time we had realised that it wasn't our staff, but Blue Marlin who were the source of all the problems. They book through tour operators and take groups on the Monday, so would never have let us on the boat then. They also overbook each trip in case someone drops out. Well, they had done us over twice on the last 2 days of our holiday and ruined it. Our hotel was so angry at them that they tore up all leaflets and will not be using them for bookings anymore. There are other companies, so I would speak to them first, especially the ones with British reps at the harbour. I get the feeling they wouldn't stand for such terrible service on their watch.

Dublin, Ireland
“An absolute rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner wanted to do a bit of fishing and were told with the trip there was a five course meal as well as drinks, the all inclusive and with the fishing, thought this was fine.
We did not actually touch the rods and spent 5 hours circling round on a boat. We were told the morning trip had been a poor run but the afternoon was better. Well we did not catch a thing and from what I hear that is standard enough.
The food was a few tuna sandwiches and a bit of fruit. The drinks were cheap and at 60 euro they could have supplied a lot better. Really the cheapest of cheap.
The operators went straight up to the top of the boat and stayed there.
There were a few dolphins but if you want to see then go on one of the other tour operators as this boat is tiny and after an hour in it breathing the diesel fumes you would have enough.
This really is a rip off and they need to up their game, definitely the worst value I have ever seen. Stay well away.
On a note if you are going and have a partner they will let you just go for 40 instead of 60, the only difference being they don't designate you a rod that they set up cast and pull in at the end.
Lastly they also told you get two rods but that's also incorrect.
Just terrible.