Recently got back from a weeks stay here at the Puerto Azul in Puerto rico and I must say I was very disappointed with everything.
The hotel needs a serious makeover, I bet it was lovely back in the late 70s or early 80s but that decor and styling now just looks shabby and tired.
Pool area is very cramped and we were here in January, I wouldnt want to be here at the peak times, the adult only area was ok but the small jacuzzi pool soon got full.
Evening entertainment was poor to say the least maybe it is better at peak times but again there is very little room for a comfortable sit down.
FOOD OMG !!!!!! We have been all inclusive quite a few times and this has got to be the worst so far (but not the cheapest we have paid). Very repetitive luke warm at best mediocre food, spag bol every night, cold hard fries, had to go searching for cutlery and napkins every time you visit and have to drink out of throw away plastic cups. If you fancy a desert as you arrive get it then because when it was gone it wasnt replaced. Food not labelled very well, all in all very poor all round.
Cleaning around the hotel was very poor at least, on the Monday night we were on our way back to our room and there were 2 dirty plates on the wall of a room not far from ours and they were still there 2 days later. Room cleanliness was OK at best but it is difficult to notice any difference as these rooms are so scruffy and tired. The waitresses in the restaurant did try very hard and worked non stop but struggled to keep up, maybe more needed. The gents toilet behind reception had some serious drainage problems all week as the smell when you went in was stomach churning.
The help yourself beer and wine was very poor in quality and strength, we had very few spirits to drink as the queue at the bar was ridiculous, its all inclusive why were these not help yourself as in other all inclusive hotels we have stayed in?
Hot water in the room was very hit and miss either skin scalding hot and then in an instant freezing cold and a few times water nearly stopped for a few seconds as you were showering.
I have slated this hotel a bit but I paid £938.00 for 2 people at the start of January and expected more as in other hotels we have stayed in. If it was a couple of hundred pounds cheaper I would not be complaining.
Reception staff were ok but on our last day while waiting for our bus to come home I asked one of them (short girl with short black hair) if I could borrow a pen for 2 minutes, the reply I got you would have sworn I called her a rude name, so I gave up and walked away with the thought in my head that I only had a few minutes left before the bus picked me up and I would be out of there.
The only good thing about this hotel is it is only a 3 euro taxi ride from the lovely Amadores beach where we spent 4 out of the 7 days we were there.
This hotel is well over due for an upgrade which I think would turn it into a pleasant hotel, but we would never return here or recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Servatur Puerto Azul hotel, with a 3 star category, is located between the beaches of Amadores and Puerto Rico. Built on a cliff top, with a privileged situation over the ocean, providing spectacular views. Servatur Puerto Azul provides 385 units, totally equipped, as well as different bars and a restaurant where you can enjoy international and canarian cuisine. Servatur Puerto Azul has two swimming pools (one heated during winter months), large sun lounge with complimentary sun beds and sunshades, a relaxation area with jacuzzi, gardens, sport areas and children playgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Servatur Puerto Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servatur Aparthotel Puerto Azul Hotel Puerto Rico
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Rico
- Puerto Azul Gran Canaria
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Hotel Rico
- Servatur Puerto Azul Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria