“Amazing - Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Babalu Apartments

You added Babalu Apartments to your Saves list
Babalu Apartments
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda de la Cornisa s/n, 35130 Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Puerto Rico
North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
“Amazing - Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Me and my friend stayed at the Babalu for the first time this year and we loved it! Clean rooms every day, maids were brilliant, and polite if we were to hungover to get out. The pool bar is fantastic for food and drink and the guys that work there are also fab! Lovely cocktails and the sausage toasties were to die for! Music playing by the pool everyday and great sized pools which we enjoyed jumping into after sunbathing in the heat! Veranda was huge and had beautiful views on to the sea. Straight across the road from the Europa centre, full of great bars and a supermarket. Restraunts are amazing we ate out every night despite taking our supernoodles with us!! Yatess bar in the Europa Centre is where we spent most of our time open till 4am!! Great drinking games etc. We went down to the town twice and was only 4euro but we felt safe up at the top end and everything we needed was there! All in all I would return to both Babalu and Gran Canaria we had the best 2 weeks ever!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Loved the babalu! Great place to stay right opposite the europa centre, lovely pools and pool area and great pool bar with nice food and drink and friendly staff. Massive balconies and terraces which get the sun all day. Will deffo be returning.

Stayed August 2014
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

stayed here seven times and it just keeps getting better. Staff great, clean and tidy rooms, 10 out of 10 from me...pool is huge and cleaned every day, great location to Europa centre with pubs and restaurants, shops and bars..brilliant place...

• Stayed July 2014
Crayford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

So I stayed in these apartments on the second floor from the 1st July - 8th July. I honestly can't fault these apartments. Especially for the price I paid. The apartments are clean and have pretty much everything you need. I found the male receptionist more helpful than the woman. The pool was bliss! The bed was reasonable. I wasn't sure if I would need to rent a fan due to how hot it was but I tried one night without one and it was fine. The pool bar was very good. Great beer and great food. Quick service. There are pool tables around the pool area and there is also music daily. The apartments are based pretty high up the hill but I just paid for a taxi if I needed/wanted to go in to town but throughout the holiday I pretty much stayed up the top. There is a Europa centre across the road and there is also a bar/restaurant called the barbacoa. This bar was very good. Several bars and a restaurant and they also have arcade type facilities outside along with pool tables and an outside seating area with a TV. Thank you so much for a lovely stay and although I couldn't fault the stay I am not sure I would stay again and that's only due to it being very high up the hill. I would probably get accommodation closer to town. But thanks again and I definitely recommend these apartments. Pictures to follow.

Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Just got back from our 3rd visit to the Babalu. We usually go in October but thought we would try July for a change. With regard to the apartment it is value for money with great views of the sea. Pool bar really good with food and drink very reasonable and always freshly cooked. On the negative side there were loads of young spanish guests who were noisy day and night. The apartment above us even thought it was ok to play rave music until 2am .... no way of sleeping through it as it was so loud. Pool is always very cool in fact most times it is too cold. The male on reception is very pleasant and nothing too much trouble for him. The middle aged woman however should be fired. Miserable all of the time with very abrupt and unhelpful attitude. When we needed a taxi booked to take us to the airport we didnt bother asking her as felt really uncomfortable with her unfriendly way. All in all we will go back to the Babalu as value for money just hope the female receptionist has left by the time we return!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

returned to the babalu for our third visit this time taking the grandchild of 18 months with us - we were not disappointed and all had a great time - we all had apartments on the ground floor and my daughter had apartment number 15 which was right opposite the little play area and baby pool - pool area was spotless as usual - there is a large pool which you can just walk into ( no climbing up and down the step ladders) - food at the pool bar was very good and fairly priced - lots of sunbeds / umbrellas available - we noticed lots of new sunbeds had been added this year - lovely little shop on site with a very kind owner who gave our little grandson a lolly pop every time we went in - across the road is the europa shopping centre with a large supermarket but the little shop was handly for bottled water / bread and things we had forgotton. we hired a toaster for £10 euros for the week but declined the kettle and just boiled water in a pan - wi fi was available for 20 euros a week or so much per day - it was fine during the day but was very slow first thing in the morning and most of the evenings - probably just better to go and use the free wi fi available at most eating & drinking outlets of which there are plenty - apartments were cleaned most days and fresh towels / toilet rolls etc always provided - sheets were changed a couple of times in the 10 days we were there - cant recommended the babalu enough for the price paid - its not five star luxury but if you want a clean comfortable stay with great pools this is the place for you - we will be returning

Room Tip: ground floor rooms are great for easy access to the pools but if you want a view you need to be high...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We booked babalu as a last minute deal as it was such a great price, we got here after a very delayed flight so was hoping our apartment would be nice. When we arrived we was told our apartment was on the 3rd floor, there are 2 lifts so all floors are easy to get too. We was VERY pleased with our apartment, good size and very clean and the balconys are massive with a beautiful view. Rooms are cleaned regular and the cleaning lady is lovely! Actually all the staff are very nice. The only problem I had was while sitting around the pool there was 2-3 groups of Spanish family's who was smoking drugs around the pool, I'm 6 months pregnant so had to get up and move which I wasn't happy about! As this is a self catering service I don't think the staff are aware this is going on. Apart from that I would defiantly recommend babulu minus the stoners!!!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Babalu Apartments? Share your experiences!