“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Fresas Apartments

Las Fresas Apartments
You added Las Fresas Apartments to your Saves list
Las Fresas Apartments
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda de Gran Canaria 4, 35139 Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #47 of 71 Hotels in Puerto Rico
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

The House was great clean and tidy. we spent May June and July here and will be back again next year. Shame about the pool but the owners did tell us when we booked last year that it was out of action and did not know when it would be back in action, we booked the holiday in February 2013.
The house is very central so dead easy for the shops and restaurants the beach is just 10 minutes and if you have kids about 5 minutes run. Puerto Rico now also has an angry birds park which is great for kids too.
The Owner did let us know about a couple of hotels that would let us use their pool and they did.
I have read the report from Alex p and can see how this is possible, we went into the house just after them and there was no problems at all, no sign of any cockroaches, and just a week or so after they left the possible would be but there was none. My husband is a builder, and I asked about the comment about a structural crack, he said if there was one he did not see it.

All in All I would not take to much notice of last report.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Just returned from a three month nightmare of a holiday in Las Fresas Puerto Rico. How do you start to describe this place. While enjoying a three week holiday in Puerto Rico in Jan 20013 and having just retired from work we thought it would be nice to see if we could rent somewhere and spend the following winter months in the sun, we were introduced to the owner of 25 Las Fresas by a friend and she gave us a whirlwind tour of the property and although a bit cluttered and tired looking it seemed ok, the first question my wife asked the owner was is there any noise at night from the nearby pubs and bars and she was very quick to assure us that there was no problem with noise and it was very quiet at night, we also asked about the swimming pool which we had noticed was empty and again she gave us her assurance that this was due to a minor problem with the pump which had been sent away for repair and that the pool would be up and running in no time. Now to say that this woman was economical with the truth would be a massive understatement. The noise at night is absolutely horrendous it starts at eleven pm and goes on at full blast until five am in the morning. The swimming pool far from being up & running was in a far worse state than when we first saw it, two large holes had been dug in the bottom of the pool which was filling up with rubbish, the pool area was strewn with litter & several large cracks had appeared in the retaining wall which forms one side of the pool area these cracks are a serious safety issue that require inspecting by a qualified structural engineer. The complex along with the house we rented suffers from a major cockroach infestation and believe me they are everywhere we had to spend in access of 100 euros for cockroach sprays & cleaning products and when we informed the owner about the problem she replied well I clean the house next door & if you think you've got a problem you should see the cockroaches in there. So to make this horror story a bit shorter I've made a list of some of the problems with 25 Las Fresas. Filthy state of the place on arrival, discarded socks, toffee papers ,broken glass on the floor. Television not working. Water supply cut off on two separate occasions the longest one being for one & a half days. Three days of holiday lost due to upstairs bedroom external door being ripped out & replaced. House gets no sunlight until four o clock in the afternoon. Downstairs toilet door wouldn't shut, owner said the wood had swelled. Bedroom curtains as thin as tissue paper, street light just outside the house. Blood stains on bedding and furniture. Damaged & cracked wall tilling. Owner visited property with an infection, passed it on to wife result a 500 euro medical bill wife ill for five days. 110 steps to climb from commercial centre to property. This list doesn't cover everything but i am slowly losing the will to live thinking back to it. and incidentally we lost the battle with the cockroaches, they were still running over the work tops and floors when we left the place to come home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tigger367, Owner at Las Fresas Apartments, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Let me start by saying thank you for your comments.
You say I gave you a whirlwind tour of the house, well you were told that there was someone holidaying and we would be intruding on their time, we asked, they said it would be ok for you to take a look, but it was untidy, so yes it was a bit cluttered as our guests had their all of their stuff out you know as you do on holiday so there is the answer to point one. We do have a written affidavit about this if this will help, they told you at night it could get noisy as you are less than a minute in a straight line to the main shopping centre in Puerto rico, you can not be close to all amenities and have no noise, another point covered. You sat about the swimming pool, sorry again as I have no Idea about the pumping system or about how long it would take to repair it, I would not have commented on how long it would take to repair, there is a problem the pump had broke and the surveys say the whole thing needs to be replaced, so I would not have said it will be repaired soon. you can ask any of the guests we have had stay while the pool has been out, I have told them all the same.
Yes there is two holes in the bottom of the pool this apparently was for the pool people to see what was going on, again I do not know and would not have commented.
As for cracks appearing in a retaining wall I have no idea what this is have updated pictures of the complex there is no cracks that anyone is aware of.
As to the cockroach problem, there are cockroaches in Puerto Rico there are cockroaches in stoke on trent I'm afraid its a fact, here the heat and humidity draws them out it is a fact as far as the house goes I have asked the tenat who came in on the Sunday after you left to write a review as well and to be brutally honest.
The next point filthy state on arrival you say discarded socks, the previous lady that was staying there is no back in and she has assured me that she does not wear socks, she is diabetic so does not eat toffees, and certainly did not break any glass, As far as we know the T.V works perfectly and again asked the present lady to comment.
Yes unfortunately the water was turned off when a digger went though the pipe and later when the water board came to repair it properly, the whole of Puerto Rico was with out water, out of my control.
The new upstairs door yes was replaced while you was there, but you were told that my husband would be there to make sure everything was done, but you stayed in anyway I have no idea why, the first day when the workmen were supposed to be there they did not come, and so my husband was out of your way by 10:30am, the next time which was two weeks later the workmen came again my husband was there to supervise your wife was out having her hair done, but then you stayed in after the workmen finished, the day after one workman came back to put finishing touches on which I was there for he stay 2 hours it is not my fault that you stayed in, but we will come back to staying in later. At the start of this work I asked you if this would be ok, or we could wait until April after you had gone and you said no it would disturb you, so we had it done on your say so, and now you complain.
The house does not get sun until 4 o'clock, unfortunately again you are wrong, in the summer the sun is on the house from about 10:00am in the morning, in the winter it is later about 14:00 pm that is because of how the earth rotates on its axis, can't do anything about that, sorry.
Lets see you know enough about structural engineering but not about how wood swells.
The new bedroom curtains which were brought to go with the new door just happen to have cost 150€ if you would care to see the receipt. Do you not have street lights where you live, these do aide people at night to get around.
This sounds terrible, I had a cold.
There are are steps to the property and after you had visited the property you knew there were but you came anyway.

So my turn, Why if it was so bad did you stay for 3 months??? This seems very strange most people if they had a problem they would have asked for their money back and gone some where else after all you had already visited the property earlier.
On your arrival did I not come up to pick you up and did I not take you shopping I also gave you discount on the price for your stay, normally it £900 for a month I Charged you £800 per month.
You were constantly criticising the neighbours which you seemed very proud about, they have complained to the management of the complex who have past it back to me in the form of a letter, you constantly criticise me and on time quite abusive, as the next door neighbour told you on an afternoon when you were particularly nasty to me. You say that you lost three days of your holiday due to some work being carried out on the property. It was less than 1 1/2 days and we did ask you at the time and I did say to you it can be done in April because I did not want any come back about it, but again you are trying to abuse my good nature.
You seemed not to like going out according to the neighbours you were always in making noise while their baby was trying to sleep, this is also reflected in the size of the electric bills, even when we had people staying permanently they were not this high.
So we will just wait for the review from the next tenant to see what she has to sat as she moved me on the Sunday after you
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a great apartment excellent value for money. Glennis couldnt be more helpful. Close to all the amenities for shopping . restaurants and gym. Couldnt ask for better. This apartment makes being on holiday easy there is nothing that hasn't been thought of

• Stayed November 2012
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was looking for a holiday in Gran Canaria and found this. I have limited budget so £600 pounds for two weeks was GREAT the apartments are very central so really handy for all the shops.
The beach was only a five minute walk, the whole area is family friendly.
The complex is secure and the people that live there in Las Fresas are friendly to.
And its like having your very own swimming pool.
The complex is clean, tidy and of course very safe.
Have already booked with Glenis again for next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We stay here for our two week holiday on recomendation, we were very surprised.
I had read the reports of las fresas on this site (trip advisor) and we were very apprehensive. Our friends had told to look at Holidaylettings.co.uk and in particular at Glenis property which has the property No of 152391, and we found the property listed there.
The Ladies name was Glenis and was so help full from the very start.
The Property is central and was prefect for what we wanted, the duplex was just like home from home with all home comforts, there was a well equipt kitchen, a very large lounge, a downstairs toilet and washroom, a patio with table and chairs, and then upstairs two double bedrooms, which both lead out on to a balcony, with huge double wardrobes and of course a sercure safe, and at no extra charge, in the bathroom upstairs there is also a washing machine, so I managed to do all the washing before going home, there was a wonderful super slim t.v and DVD player and Glenis told us if we wanted she had a huge quantity and range of DVDs, and Glenis was just minuts away if we needed her. The complex of Las Fresas has been private for at least 10 years as we understand it, we were worried because of what we had read, but Glenis assured us we had nothing to worry about, she said, she had read the comments that others had made, and asurred us that this was some sort of mistake, there had been no reception there for at 10 years that she knew of, so there was something very strange about what had been said.
What I can tell you is this if any one wants to stay at Las Fresas you won't go far wrong.
You can contact me and I will tell you all about the wonderful stay we had there, and we will be going back for our next break in October we will be staying with Glenis again. For the 2 weeks holiday in an almost idealic place, which only cost us £600, which was less than half the price for a self-catering apartment in a hotel.
The residents that live on Las Fresas were also really helpful, the swimming pool was just like having you own private swimming pool and warm too.
The complex is also very well sercured, 3 entrances and only by security key can you open these gates, in our opinion this holiday let is one of the best places my husband and I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

This is the noisiest place I've ever stayed. The nearby disco starts at 22.00 and gets increasingly noisy until 04.00. Even with earplugs we never could sleep for the incessant noise.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
DUBLIN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

i thought las fresas was brilliant it was very clean and had no trouble with any one staying there. they were all very nice. the pool was georgous its right beside the centre which is very handy.. i would definately go there again it is very affordable aswell..

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Las Fresas Apartments? Share your experiences!