There are a lot of steps from the hotel to go into town, so you need to take this into consideration before booking. It is however a good way to burn off the extra calories eaten on holiday!
We asked for a room with evening sun and they did not allocate this at first, but they did change the room when we queried this.
I feel a good improvement would be to provide something for children for example a pool table/dart board, as there are no open spaces for them to play, so this would make a big difference. Perhaps something in reception as this area was never used and going to waste.
They do a happy hour, two drinks for the price of one which is good.
Staff are friendly and the on-site supermarket is helpful to save carrying your shopping up all of the steps.
Wifi in the rooms was really good and free of charge.
The maids chat outside the rooms early morning and wake you up, so this could be another room for improvement.
There was always sun beds available which is good, but we did stay in April.
Really nice views from the balconies.
We had lunch one day and the food was good.
There are restaurants and a large supermarket not too far away, if you don't fancy the walk into town.
There is an Irish bar and Indian close by and recommend both.
The furniture on the balconies could do with some TLC, as the sun has dried them out, so they need regular re-staining.
We enjoyed our stay and just a few little
improvements needed for my full 5 stars.
Yes I would recommend the hotel but our 11 year old son did get a bit bored around the hotel, so we only stayed for the morning and then went into town to do some children activities.
We return to the resort yearly as the weather is always perfect in April and more family facilities on-site would have resulted in repeat business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The chic Marina Bayview is built into the hillside overlooking Puerto Rico Harbour in Gran Canaria. It features a large outdoor pool and terrace with impressive Atlantic Ocean views.Apartments feature a private balcony or terrace. All have air conditioning, and a kitchenette with a fridge, coffee maker, kettle and toaster. There is satellite TV and a private bathroom.The restaurant by the pool offers spectacular views of the harbour. Paddle and tennis courts are just a few metres from the complex, and Salobre Golf & Resort is 15 km away. The resort has a 24-hour front desk and offers car hire. Free parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Marina Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Park Apartments Hotel Puerto Rico
- Ipanema Park Apartments Puerto Rico
- Marina Bayview Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria