Myself and my husband have recently returned from Marina Bayview on the 15th of october after a truly amazin Honeymoon!!!
Like many people do, we worried that the reviews where too good to be true and in all honesty it lived up to all our expectations!!
Even upon being there just one hour i could have written an outstanding review but thought it would be best to experience the place first. First of all,upon booking we asked for a balcony(more private than a terrace) and was allocated to room 209 D, this was a Delux appartment that we did not pay extra for and it was simply more than we could have imagined!
It was a two storey appartment and so immaculate throughout.
The views from bayview are magical morning and night. The room service was perfect in every way and stated i a previous review that the guest had to turn away the maid, so did we because there was nothing for her to do,due to the fact every thing was immaculate from the day before!
One or two comments that i couldnt understand was that there was a complaint that there wasnt enough shower gel(who ever goes on holiday and expects the hotel to provide)? and also the sun loungers were not comfortable!!! SILLY COMPLAINTS!!!
The gym was standard but my husband who hits the gym every day at home did not complain and infact was probably the only person in there during our stay :)
Even whilst he was in there a maintenance man came in painting :)
The only fault( not a problem to me) is that there is no access to the main road from the hotel apart from the 162 steps! My hubby has afear of hights and some days they got the better of him(until he had a stiff drink lol) but aside from that,we saw the has a work out to burn off all the amazing food!
Due to this i would not recomend this hotel for people with young children and less able.
Sayin this, we probably only saw 2 toddlers, this is in my oppinion an adult, relaxing holiday!
I cant say enough good things about this place and the restaurants close by. one of them is the TAJ palace, outstanding indian, and Wigwams cocktail bar.
One thing i ould say is shop outside the hotel if going self catering, it is alot cheaper at the local spar!!
All in all i will leave this rambling and say that it was that good we will be booking our next holiday there in the next few weeks for october 2014, thank you marina for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The chic Marina Bayview is built into the hillside overlooking Puerto Rico Harbour in Gran Canaria. It features a large outdoor pool and terrace with impressive Atlantic Ocean views.Apartments feature a private balcony or terrace. All have air conditioning, and a kitchenette with a fridge, coffee maker, kettle and toaster. There is satellite TV and a private bathroom.The restaurant by the pool offers spectacular views of the harbour. Paddle and tennis courts are just a few metres from the complex, and Salobre Golf & Resort is 15 km away. The resort has a 24-hour front desk and offers car hire. Free parking is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marina Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Park Apartments Hotel Puerto Rico
- Ipanema Park Apartments Puerto Rico
- Marina Bayview Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria